Deadline : May 31, 2020 .
Apply for the NATO-wide Young Professionals Programme(YPP) 2020. The new NATO-wide Young Professionals Programme (YPP) aims to attract and develop highly talented professionals, who are interested in accelerating their career through entry-level positions at NATO. The YPP is a unique programme that will onboard a diversity of highly qualified young professionals who will gain broad experience of NATO activities
Successful candidates will have the possibility to work in various areas in different NATO bodies and experience a range of activities across the Alliance. The YPP will take in participants every year for a period of three years. Throughout the Programme each Young Professional will be assigned to three different NATO bodies, spending one year in each. This will give them a broad understanding of NATO and opportunities to develop many competences, while working on particular functions from the perspectives of the NATO bodies concerned.
The NATO-wide Young Professionals Programme has two main objectives:
- to develop a diverse cadre of highly qualified professionals with broad NATO experience;
- to enable greater organisational coordination and coherence in the delivery of key political objectives of the Alliance.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- A wide portfolio of benefits including a competitive salary and other benefits, such as excellent health insurance and annual leave of 30 days
- An opportunity to make a difference by applying your skills at the forefront of an international organization ensuring freedom and security
- A diverse international experience in a stimulating work environment where you will be assigned to three different NATO bodies around the globe
- Solid professional and personal growth during a three-year journey in relevant and cutting-edge domains, within a community of young professionals
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria. You must have:
- over 21 years of age;
- a national of a NATO Member State;
- at least one year of demonstrated professional experience, including full-time employment, temporary assignments and internships;
- a Master’s degree or equivalent from an institution of recognised standing;
- advanced language skills in at least one of the two official NATO languages (English/French).
NATO is looking for highly qualified young professionals, who:
- are keen to learn and grow in a professional and personal context;
- are excellent team players and enjoy working in a multicultural environment;
- have excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- are enthusiastic about bringing a diverse and innovative set of skills, knowledge and competencies to NATO;
- are ready to discover up to three countries in the next three years;
- are committed to NATO’s mission of safeguarding freedom and security.