Deadline : August 1, 2020 .
Apply for the The NZ-GRADS New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship. The NZ-GRADS is a doctoral scholarship (PhD) intended for science students from developing countries who wish to undertake and complete their PhD at a university in New Zealand. This is a prestigious scholarship that comes complete with all the facilitation and funding you need to complete you PhD in New Zealand. The NZ-GRADS is a government-funded scholarship administered by Education New Zealand and offers full tuition fees and a living stipend for up to three years
In order to be considered for this scholarship, your PhD research topics must be related to greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural systems, primarily livestock, however, innovative and novel aspects of this will be considered, especially related to new technologies or new applications of existing technologies.
About GRA: The Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA) offers a wide range of capability building and research programmes through various partners within New Zealand and internationally. NZ-GRADS awardees will be actively supported through various extension and networking events that the GRA hosts in New Zealand.
Successful applicants for the NZ-GRADS Scholarship will receive the following benefits for a total of three years (36 months):
- The scholarship covers the cost of the New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies up to a total of $10,000 NZD per year
- You will receive a tax free annual living stipend of $28,000 NZD per year (tax free)
- Your Medical insurance cover up to $700 NZD per year will be provided as well
- The Visa application fee of up to $1,000 will be covered
- Applicants receive a Return flights to New Zealand up to a maximum of $6,000
- Funds to cover Book and thesis preparation cost of up to $1,500
Along with financial support, successful applicants will receive extra benefits including:
- Bringing your family along with you to New Zealand with
- Your partner or spouse will be able to apply for an open work visa for the duration of your studies
- You will be able to enroll your children as domestic students in New Zealand’s free state schools
- You will be actively supported through various extension and networking events hosted in New Zealand.
- You may be able to work alongside your studies, as PhD students studying in New Zealand usually have unlimited work rights.
- You receive support when you arrive, as New Zealand is a very welcoming country and there are systems in place to help you and your family settle in. .
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Applicants must be coming from a developing country and hold citizenship of a developing country (See List Here)
- You must hold an offer (conditional or non-conditional) for a PhD programme at University in New Zealand
- Candidates must be prepared to conduct their PhD study in New Zealand
- Your PhD research topic must relate to one of the following area: greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural systems
- Your research may be hosted/facilitated by any New Zealand research organisation, however, your PhD programme must be organised through a New Zealand university
- Please note: You cannot hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
Rate this post
User Review( votes)
Applicants are advised to follow the procedure below in order to successfully submit their application
- Make sure to click on the application link and then create a username and password.
- You will then use the search function to find the NZ-GRADS New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarship application
To apply, Click here