The Obama Foundation Leaders: Asia Pacific Program (Fully Funded)
Deadline: August 15, 2019
The Obama Foundation Leaders: Asia Pacific Program is a one-year leadership development and civic engagement program that seeks to inspire, empower, and connect emerging leaders from across the Asia-Pacific region.
They are looking for emerging leaders living in the Asia-Pacific region from a diverse mix of experiences and backgrounds to join the 21 leaders who helped design the year-long leadership program. Are you committed to advancing the common good in your community? Do you have a demonstrated potential for impact? Are you committed to leading with integrity and making values-based decisions? This program might be for you!
The Foundation covers economy class airfare, ground transportation in Malaysia, and shared dormitory accommodations during the dates of the in-person convening. Leaders are responsible for covering any costs related to acquiring a passport and obtaining a Malaysian visa
- You must be a citizen of one of the qualifying countries OR a permanent resident of Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, or the Northern Mariana Islands.
- The qualifying countries are: Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Caledonia, Macao, New Zealand, Niue, North Korea (DPRK), Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea (ROK), Taiwan, Thailand, The Federated States of Micronesia, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wake Island, Wallis and Futuna.
- Please note that citizens and residents of South Asian countries are not eligible for this particular program. The Obama Foundation expects to offer leadership programs for South Asian countries in the future.
- You must currently reside in one of the qualifying countries/territories, listed above. (It is okay to reside in a country or territory other than the Asia-Pacific country/territory of your nationality as long as it is a qualifying country/territory.)
- You must be between 24-40 years old on August 15, 2019, which is the closing date of the application.
- You must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
Obama Foundation Leaders are chosen through a competitive selection process. Positive results on this screening questionnaire are an indication that you meet the basic requirements to apply to the program, but do notindicate any judgment of the strength of your potential application or your likelihood to be chosen.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit The Obama Foundation Leaders .