Deadline : May 29, 2020 .
Apply for the One Young World Summit Leading Africa Scholarship 2020 in Berlin, Germany. The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political and business leaders. Are you a young leader from The Middle East? You could attend the One Young World 2020 Summit in Munich from 14-17 October through our flagship Scholarship.
The Middle East’s future is filled with profound uncertainty. The region is host to one of the largest populations of young people, with around 65% of its population under the age of 30. With several countries experiencing the turmoil of war, conflict and sanctions. In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
City Profile: Munich, Bavaria’s capital, is home to centuries-old buildings and numerous museums. The city is known for its annual Oktoberfest celebration and its beer halls, including the famed Hofbräuhaus, founded in 1589. In the Altstadt (Old Town), central Marienplatz square contains landmarks such as Neo-Gothic Neues Rathaus (town hall), with a popular glockenspiel show that chimes and reenacts stories from the 16th century. With a population of around 1.5 million, it is the third-largest city in Germany, after Berlin and Hambur
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Rate this Post
User Review( vote)
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be aged 18 - 30 and :
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- You must be a citizen of the following countries
- Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq
- Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon
- Oman, Palestinian Territories*, Qatar, Saudi Arabia
- Syrian Arab Republic, United Arab Emirates, Yemen