Deadline : October 1, 2020
Apply for the OPEC Fund Internship Program 2020 for International University Students.The OPEC Fund is offering an Internship Program in order to enable students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience work with an international organization as well as develop their professional capacity. The Internship Program runs for between two and six months and aims to achieve the following :
- Provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience;
- Provide an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization; and
- Provide the opportunity for students to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission and related values.
The focus points for the internship are listed below
- public sector operations; private sector and trade finance operations; grants; financial management; risk management; strategic planning and economic services; internal audit; human resources; administration; communication; legal services; and information technology
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- This includes (although is not limited to) reimbursement of costs of visas, travel, accommodation and living expenses, as well as any transportation associated with commuting to and from the OPEC Fund's headquarters.
To be eligible for the internship, you must fulfill the following criteria
Applicants are preferably members of an OPEC Fund's Member Countries. (List here)
- You must be between 19 to 30 years of age and enrolled in an undergraduate program and have completed at least two years or graduate program.
- Applicants may be recent graduates, having graduated a maximum of one year before the application deadline.
- You must be proficient in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset;
- You must be Computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office);
- You must be keenly interested in the work of the OPEC Fund;
- You must be able to demonstrate cultural awareness; and
- You must be able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
Along side the online application, you will have to also submit the following required documents
- The online application form;
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant is / was an undergraduate student;
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent; and
- A short statement in English (about 150-250 words) outlining their motivation for applying.
- Successful candidates must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy for Austria or a similar certificate proving he / she will be fully covered from a medical perspective for the duration of the program
- All applications must be in English;
- Please upload the statement and transcripts under the ‘Additional documents’ section of the application form; and
- Please answer all the questions on the application form
To apply, Click here