Deadline : September 21, 2020
Apply for the OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) 2020. The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a structured two-year program designed to prepare young professionals from the OPEC Fund’s member countries for a career in global development. YPDP offers training, coaching and mentoring, the opportunity to experience different departments and access to professional networks. The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund.
The organisation is currently seeking applicants with a passion for and commitment to international development who demonstrate academic excellence and relevant professional experience and have a drive and ambition to help developing countries address their most pressing challenges in the quest for social, environmental and economic progress. After successful completion of the two-year program, they may be offered a job at the OPEC Fund, based on their performance and the business need
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- In short, the YPDP offers training, coaching and mentoring, the opportunity to experience different departments and access to professional networks. The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund.
- The YPDP will enable young professionals to develop an appreciation of how different departments / units contribute to the OPEC Fund’s overall strategic and operational goals. Under the structured talent management program, participants will have the opportunity to contribute to achieving the OPEC Fund’s vision of a world where sustainable development is a reality for all.
- YPDP participants spend at least 50 percent of the program in a 'home' departement / unit and rotate to other departements for the remainde of their time. This enables participants to broaden their experience and benefit from differing coaching and mentoring styles, while building their professional network.
- After participants have successfully completed the two-year program, they may be offered a job at the OPEC Fund, based on their performance and the business need.
To be eligible for the internship, you must fulfill the following criteria
Applicants are preferably members of an OPEC Fund's Member Countries. (List here)
- You must be an OPEC Fund member country national;
- You must be 30 years of age, or younger;
- You must hold a Master’s degree;
- You must be able to demonstrate outstanding academic credentials;You must be fluent in English and proficient in at least one other language;
- You must specialize in development, engineering, economics, finance, business administration, law, information technology, human resources or any other discipline relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations;
- You must be able to work in an international, multicultural and diverse environment;
- You must understand the OPEC Fund’s mandate; and
- You must be willing to work with the OPEC Fund in Vienna for a minimum of two years upon completion of the YPDP, if offered a position.
Along side the application, you will have to also submit the following required documents
- A YPDP online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
- Please ensure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, outlined above;
- Please upload the Application essay and transcripts under the “Additional documents” section of the application form;
Please submit a valid and current email address. Email us at [email protected] with new contact details should they change during the application process
To apply, Click here