Deadline: July 9, 2020
Applications ate open for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship for 2021. The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity for applicants from commonwealth countries to study for a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
The scholarship aims at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, thereby broadening horizons, and building a global network that will last a lifetime.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, as well as finding solutions to the shared challenges students face both in their home countries and those that host them.
Successful applicants will benefit from a scholarship and funding at participating commonwealth universities outside their home countries:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant on request only and subject to approval
Applicants will be able to apply to participating universities in the following countries
- IBMBB, University of Colombo
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- The University of the South Pacific
- Fiji National University
- University of
- Rhodes University
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Venda
- North-West University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Pretoria
Papua New Guinea
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- The University of Namibia
General Eligible Criteria
- You must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award.
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level
- Universities may have their own specific eligibility requirements for admissions
To apply for the scholarship, you are adivesd to follow the following procedure.
- Visit the link below.
- Select the a country other than your home country you wish to apply to
- Select a participating University in the chosen country and follow the application instrutions
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
For Students already in Germany, Click here