Deadline : January 10, 2023
Applications for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) are now open for applicants from selected eligible countries. The scholarships are aimed for students who wish to enroll in an eligible master’s degree program at one of the participating Universities for the 2023 academic year. This prestigious scholarship program presents a unique opportunity for students from commonwealth countries to study a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Awarded every year, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) program is aimed and dedicated to students who demonstrate commitment to creating change in their communities. The scholarships present an opportunity to empower, giving participants a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships sponsor Master’s Degrees in a broad range of subject areas. However, the subject areas available differ according to the Host University and/or Country. Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars aims to bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges that students face both in their home countries and those that host them. Through their experiences, participants will help shape the future of the program, active part of the Commonwealth network.
Recipeints of the scholarship award will receive the following benefits
- The scholarship will provide you with fully-funded tuition fees to cover the full duration of your chosen master’s program
- You will receive living expenses allowance in form of a stipend for the whole duration of award
- Selected applicants will receive coverage for return economy flights to their host country
- Upon arrival at your university, you will receive an arrival allowance to help you settle in
- You will also be eligible for a research support grant awarded on request only
If you wish to be considered for the QECS awards, make sure that you meet the following conditions
- You must be a national of a Commonwealth country or hold refugee status in a Commonwealth country. For a list of all Participating Universities and courses, Visit here
- Applicants must be applying for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- Applicants of all ages are welcome to apply provided they meet the academic application conditions
- You must have completed a bachelor’s degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application.
- You must have sufficient English language proficiency to attend a Master’s degree program at your chosen university
- Applicants must provide copies of their final transcript and degree certificate demonstrating their academic performance.
- The requirement for English language testing depends on the university that you are intending to study at.
- Some universities may require you to submit an English language test result indicating your level of English proficiency.
You will need to submit an application for admission to your chosen university course directly to the university, in addition to completing a QECS application. On the QECS at University webpage there is guidance on where to find information and who to contact regarding university admission applications. Please visit the university webpage for all the admission conditions and application deadlines
Make sure that you submit your application to the university of your choice before the deadline. Typically, you application file must contain the following documents
- Academic history including Certificates and Transcripts. Please include full details about marks/grades gained for particular degrees.
- References from two referees. references should be detailed and include the content outlined on the application form
- Evidence of work experience in case the university you are applying to requires necessary work experience
- You plan of Study
- Development Impact and Post Study Outreach
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here