Deadline: August 31, 2020
Apply for the 2020 Rhodes Scholarship Program at Oxford University. The main goal of the Scholarship is and has always been to identify young leaders from around the world who, through the pursuit of education together at Oxford, would forge bonds of mutual understanding and fellowship for the betterment of mankind.
The history of the Rhodes Scholarship goes back as far as 1902 making it the oldest and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship programme, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
Along with the scholarship, the fellowship of Rhodes Scholars, worldwide and across generations, is active and over 7,000 strong. Rhodes Scholars therefore enter a life-long fellowship with ongoing opportunities to connect with current and Senior Scholars and, beyond that, a warm and engaging community within Scholars typically develop enduring friendships.
Successful applicants will benefit from the Rhodes Scholarship for two years in the first instance
- The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University (and College) fees as well as providing an annual stipend.
- For the 2019/20 academic year, the stipend will be £15,900 per annum (£1,325 per month)
- Scholars will use the funds to pay all living expenses, including accommodation.
- If selected for the Scholarship, the Rhodes Trust will cover the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford.
- The Trust will cover the fee for a Tier 4 study visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service.
- The Rhodes Trust will cover two economy class flights – to and from the UK
- Successful scholars will also, On arrival in Oxford, receive a settling in allowance
The Scholarship Program normally targets looking for young people of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service.
Below are the 4 criteria followed by the selection committee during evaluation:
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
Please select your country from the drop down list in the eligibility section, to see country specific requireents
To apply for the scholarship, you are adivesd to follow the following procedure.
- Select your region in order to start your application
- Read carefully the detailed Information for Candidates specific to the country/region to which you are applying
- Find out if you meet the criteria to become a Rhodes Scholar and start your application
- You will have to also submit supporting documents which may include a personal statements, cv and recommendation letters form academic and professional referees
For Students already in Germany, Click here
For more information, visit The Rhodes Scholarship