Deadline : September 30, 2021
Apply for the 2021 Rhodes Global Scholarships Program at Oxford University in the UK. The main goal of the Scholarship is to identify young leaders from around the world who demonstrate a promising ability to change the world and make the world a better place. This programme offers up to 100 Rhodes Scholarships every year, dedicated to eligible students who wish to undertake postgraduate study at the University of Oxford.
Applicants are ambitious students who, through the pursuit of education together at Oxford in the UK, would forge bonds of mutual understanding and fellowship for the betterment of mankind. The Rhodes Scholarship created way back in 1902 is the oldest and most prestigious international scholarship programme.
Selected applicants for the Rhodes Scholarship are usually outstanding young people from around the world who are passionate and show the interest for study at the University of Oxford.
Successful applicants will benefit from the Rhodes Scholarship for two years in the first instance
- The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University (and College) fees as well as providing an annual stipend.
- Selected applicants for the 2021 academic year will receive a stipend worth £15,900 per annum (£1,325 per month)
- Scholars will use the funds to pay all living expenses, including accommodation.
- If selected for the Scholarship, the Rhodes Trust will cover the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford.
- The Trust will cover the fee for a Tier 4 study visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service.
- When you are ready to travel, the Rhodes Trust will cover two economy class flights, to and from the UK
- Successful scholars will also, On arrival in Oxford, receive a settling in allowance
- The Scholarship Program is dedicated to young people of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service.
- Applicants from any country around the world may apply for the scholarship
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a college or university to a sufficiently high standard to be admitted to postgraduate study at the University of Oxford.
- Selection for the scholarships will mainly be based on 4 criteria as described below
- Academic excellence stands at the center of the selection process as the best performing students will be selected for the scholarship
- Energy to use your talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, including where teamwork is involved).
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship.
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in your fellow human beings.
Applications must be submitted online by the set deadline for each country/ region. To apply for the scholarship, you are advised to follow the following procedure.
- Select your region in order to start your application
- Read carefully the detailed Information for Candidates specific to the country/region to which you are applying
- Find out if you meet the criteria to become a Rhodes Scholar and start your application
- You will have to also submit supporting documents which may include a personal statements, cv and recommendation letters form academic and professional referees
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here