Deadline : March 31, 2022
Apply for the Romanian Government Scholarships for the academic year 2022/23. Offered by the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Romanian Government program is dedicated to foreign citizens who wish to study in Romania but are challenged by financial constraints. The scholarships are offered to foreign citizens from countries that are members of non EU (European Union) for Undergraduate and Master’s as well as PhD studies at State Universities in Romania.
These scholarships are aimed for studies accredited by higher education institutions in Romania are granted through a file-based application assessment by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education and Research (MER). As a way of promoting the Romanian language and culture, the beneficiaries of the scholarships granted by the Romanian state for undergraduate and master’s studies study only in Romanian.
Therefore, candidates who do not speak Romanian, are required to take a preparatory year for the study of the Romanian language prior to the actual university studies, with the exception of doctoral scholarship holders who have opted for the form of education in a foreign language set by the doctoral school. The scholarships are granted for three levels of study:
- Studies for the first cycle (Undergraduate): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta).
- For the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post graduate studies, it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation.
- The 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master), it lasts for 3-5 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis
The scholarship obtained, including the preparatory year where applicable, consists of the following benefits:
- You will receive coverage for tuition fees for your selected programme
- Recipients will receive financing for accommodation expenses in the dormitories, through the budget of the Ministry of Education and Research.
- Scholarship recipients will be entitled to medical assistance in case of emergencies and disease in line with the specified legislation.
- You will receive a monthly financial stipend, as follows to cover your living expenses while in Romania. Stipends are offered as follows
- An equivalent in lei of the amount of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students;
- The equivalent in lei of the amount of 75 EURO per month, for master and specialization students,
- An equivalent in lei of the amount of 85 EURO per month, for PhD students.
- Applicants for the Romanian Government Scholarship must be citizens of non EU member states.
- You must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania
- Applicants must not belong to the stateless person category whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law
- You must not be a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania
- To apply for the scholarship, you must posses academic transcripts issued by accredited / recognized educational institutions showing that you are eligible for the to apply for your selected study cycle.
- You must have good results in your previous studies with an average of the at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania.
- Applicants must not have more than 35 years of age for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies, at the time of application.
Applicants must submit their application by completing the online application form set up by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Study in Romania. You are therefore encouraged to visit the official application portal, create your account and begin completing your application. Your application file will include the following documents
- You must include legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees, if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French, Romanian or Spanish.
- Legalized copies diploma supplements and transcripts of records legalized translation, if applicable.
- Applicants who are currently in their final years of study but wish to apply for the scholarship must submit evidence that their are in their final year and submit their latest grades
- A legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French, Romanian or Spanish.
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport.
- The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies
- your most recent Curriculum Vitae
For instructions on How to apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here