Deadline: September 22, 2020
By 2030, China will have one-sixth of the world’s population, so their impact on culture, foreign policy and economics is undeniable. That’s why it’s so essential for tomorrow’s leaders to understand it. This is your chance to live, learn and experience China for a year.
Schwarzman Scholars gives you the opportunity to develop an international network of high-achieving peers, including business leaders, public officials, and cultural innovators.
Every year, up to 200 Schwarzman Scholars will represent the world’s next generation of leaders — high-caliber individuals with open minds and limitless potential — a network of leaders who will serve as bridges between China and the rest of the world.
Schwarzman Scholars will be selected on the basis of not only their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to anticipate and act on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions.
All qualified candidates will have successfully completed their undergraduate degrees prior to enrollment and must be proficient in English
The students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- Tuition Fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- An in-country study tour
- Required course books and supplies
- Health insurance
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent
- At least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1, 2020
- Proficiency in the English language
- Online application
- Resume (2 page maximum)
- Transcripts/Academic Records
- Essays (2)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Video (optional
To apply, Click here