Deadline: June 1, 2020
Apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award- SINGA 2020. The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. They play a key role in nurturing and developing talent and leaders for their Research Institutes, the wider research community, and industry
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
If selected for the award, you are entitled to support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including the following:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
Rate this post
User Review( votes)
- Good skills in written and spoken English including but not restricted to GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE
- Good reports from academic referees
- Applicants should be international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
Follow the procedure below and submit the required documents as specified below.
- Browse PhD Research Projects: Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
- Documents Required
Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- Identification card or Passport
A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports. ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- Optional: GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
To apply, Click here