Deadline : December 1, 2020
Apply for the The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) PhD Scholarship.The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) with collaboration the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), offers PhD training for students from all over the world
These training will be carried out in English at laboratory of your choice at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Benefits for applicants are as described here. The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
To be eligible for the program, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- Applicants must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree with at least 2nd class Honours upper or Honours (Distinction)* and the ability to pursue research in the candidate’s proposed field of advanced study.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are not required for graduates of the Autonomous Universities in Singapore.
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
Along side the application, you will have to also submit the the required documents. you are advised to follow the following procedure
- Browse PhD Research Projects
- Collect all the required documents
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports: ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
To apply, Click here