Deadline : December 1, 2021
Apply for the The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) PhD Scholarship. The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) with collaboration the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), offers PhD training for students from all over the world
These training will be carried out in English at laboratory of your choice at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Benefits for applicants for the award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Selected applicants will receive full Tuition fees for their program
- You will receive a stipend of S$2,000 per month, which will be increased to S$2,500 per month after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- Applicants will also receive a one-time airfare grant worth S$1,500
- On arrival in Singapore, you will receive a one-time settling-in allowance worth S$1,000
To be eligible for the program, you must fulfill the following criteria
- The program is open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- You must posses good skills in written and spoken English
- Applicants must be able to presents good reports from academic referees
- You must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree with at least 2nd class Honours upper or Honours (Distinction) and the ability to pursue research in the candidate’s proposed field of advanced study.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are not required for graduates of the Autonomous Universities in Singapore.
Applicants may apply for PhD Programmes in the following categories under the SINGA scholarship program
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science and Engineering.
Applications for the SINGA program are submitted online using the provided online portal. Along side the application, you will have to also submit the the required documents. you are advised to follow the following procedure
- Browse through the available PhD Research Projects at one of the participating Universities and locate a project of your choice
- Gather all the required required documents before you start completing your online application
The list of required support documents is given here
- The candidate’s Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo
- Your Degree Transcripts and Diplomas in English or with an official translation in case they were not issued in English
- Submit your Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts. In case your degree is not completed at the time of application, provide a letter of certification from the university.
- Request two referees to issue you 2 recommendation reports. The letters will have to be completed and submitted online by the referees
- Although optional, you may also include GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here