Deadline : January 15, 2021
Applications for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme in Sweden are now open. Do you have the ambition to become a future leader within the sustainable development on a global platform? Then hurry and grab this once in a life opportunity. The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme offers you a great opportunity to participants to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture while building a long-lasting relationship with Sweden. The programme offers fully-funded international scholarship programme for master’s studies in Sweden to eligible applicants who are ready for a new experince and to realise the goals of the program
The goal is to enable the scholarship recipients play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live. Usually, the ideal candidate of the program is an ambitious young professional with excellent academic qualifications who has demonstrated work and leadership experience and has the ambition to make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and sustainable development in his/ her country
Selected applicants will enjoy the following benefits during their stay in Sweden.
- You will receive coverage for your tuition fees to the Swedish university you will have been admitted to for the whole period of your study.
- If you are one of the lucky recipients of the SI Scholarship, you will receive a regular monthly payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the scholarship while in Sweden.
- All recipients receive membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
- Your Insurance against illness and accident will be covered for the whole period of your stay in Sweden
- The SI scholarship also provides a travel grant of SEK 1,000 for the entire study period.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you gain membership to the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and to further develop yourself professionally. The local networks exist worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- If you are interested in this program, you must be a citizen of an eligible country. Please see full list here
- Applicants who have dual citizenships which are both eligible for the programme must choose only one of the citizenships when applying for SI scholarships.
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or civil society.
- Applicants must be eligible for a participating Masters program and have applied and secured admission to the program of their choice by 9th April 2021
- You must have sufficient work experience with a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment
- Applicants must also must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment
- In General, the SI Scholarship programme is looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region
The application preocess requires you th apply for both the admission into your preffered participating program as well a application for the SI scholarship. You are advised to follow the procedure below and pay attention to the required supporting documents
- Applicants must apply to four eligible master’s programmes at at universityadmissions.se by 15 January 2021.
- This requires you to submit supporting documents required by University Admissions before the deadline on 1 February 2021
- After you have completed your application to a master’s programme, you can apply for an SI scholarship. This will be possible between February 8 to February 18 2021
You will need the following supporting Documents
- You will need a motivation letter using the Global Professionals form for the motivation letter 2021/2022.
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV) using the Global Professionals form for CV 2021/2022 and the CV should not exceed three pages.
- The application requires 2 Letters of reference signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or notary office using the Global Professionals form for the letter of reference 2021/2022. Please note that One letter of reference based on work experience is mandatory.
- Your Proof of work and leadership experience signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office using the Global Professionals form for proof of work and leadership experience The work and leadership form should be
- A Copy of your valid passport
For Instructions and procedure of application, Please Click here