Deadline : July 4, 2021
Apply for the UNDP Graduate Programme 2021. This is a newly launched 2-year Graduate Programme dedicated to recent graduates from selected countries. The program aims to equip outstanding young graduates with the necessary skills, expertise and experience required to kick-start their career. This programme will focus on selected areas of interest including international development and will give participants the ability to accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), build better futures and make a positive difference in their communities and world at large.
Applicants must have completed a master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and posses minimal work experience. Women, candidates from minority groups, people with disabilities, applicants from indigenous groups and those from disadvantaged communities are especially encouraged to apply.
If successfully selected, you will be to one or more UNDP working locations around the world. Available locations include: Bangladesh (Dhaka), Denmark (Copenhagen), Timor-Leste (Dili), Turkey (Istanbul), United States (New York), Laos (Vientiane), Maldives (Male), Mongolia (Ulaan Baator), Papua New Guinea (Port Moresby), Samoa (Apia), Thailand (Bangkok).
If selected for the programme, you will be eligible for the following benefits.
- Selected applicants will receive a one-year international renewable professional entry-level contract. The contract will be renewed for the second year subject to good performance.
- You will receive a competitive salary based on the UNDP salary scale
- The programme will cover your travel between your you assigned working location and your hoke country
- Trainees will also benefit from paid annual leave and paid sick leave
- The programme will also cover your Health and disability insurance.
In order to apply for the programme, you must meet the following conditions
- Applicants for the programme must be nationals of one of the following eligible countries (Please see list here)
- To apply, you must have completed a Master’s degree in a relevant field by the time of application
- Those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree may also apply provided that they posses a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- To be eligible, you must have graduated in the field of political science, public administration, international relations, development studies, economics, statistics, data management, environmental science or a related field.
- You must demonstrate interest in working in international development with UNDP
- Applicants are those who wish to contribute to sustainable development and poverty eradication
- Candidates must be ready to live and work in another country other than their home country for at least two years
- Working experience in sustainable development, gender, youth empowerment, data analysis, project management, monitoring and evaluation, partnerships, innovation and creative design, finance, or procurement is an added advantage
Applications for the programme must be completed and submitted online, using the provided online portal. You application must be submitted by the deadline of July 4, 2021. Along with your application, you will need to submit the following documents.
- You must submit copies of your degree certificates, diplomas and transcript of records
- Applicants who must ale submit proof of the required work experience
- You must submit proof of sufficient English language proficiency
- Please also note that proof of other UNDP such ash Arabic, French or Spanish will be an added advantage
The programme is slotted to commence in October 2021
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here