Deadline : December 15, 2020
The University of British Columbia (UBC) International Scholars are passionate and ambitious students who have the potential to make a difference in the world. These are excellent academic achievers who demonstrate exceptional extracurricular activities and are dedicated contributing and to giving back to their home countries and communities.
UBC hosts two prestigious need-and-merit-based awards are presented through UBC’s International Scholars Program
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award: This award is dedicated to international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award: This award is aimed at outstanding international undergraduate students from countries which have been impoverished or war-torn areas, and have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award as well as the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award will cover all your financial need and costs to help you successfully complete your degree program while staying in Canada.
- These need-and-merit-based award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
- The awards will cover your Financial needs, determined by totaling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year.
- The award will be renewed every year provided you demonstrate satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit. The award will be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion
In order to be considered for the The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award as well as the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award you must fulfill the following scholarship conditions
- Applicants from all countries described as impoverished or war tone may apply to this award
- You must be an international student who is applying or has applied and will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Applicants must have achieved and are entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or another recognized institution
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Eligible candidates must meet the admission requirements into one of UBC’s undergraduate programs
- The conditions for application include fulfilling the degree-specific requirements for the degree program of your choice.
- Applicants must also meet the English Language Admission Standard for their selected degree program at UBC.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement at the same time display a level financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
- If you are interested in either the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award or the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award , you must submit your application for consideration before the deadline
- Along with the application for nomination, you must as apply for admission into your undergraduate program of choice at the University of British Columbia. Please note that applications for consideration for one of the awards opens November 1, 2020
- Please note that Applicants who have been nominated for a Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award or the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award will not be considered for any merit-based awards
To apply, please follow the official link by Clicking here
For more scholarships to study in Canada, visit the list here