Deadline : January 31, 2023
Apply for University of Eastern Finland Researcher Positions in Neuro-Innovation. The University of Eastern Finland announces applications for two Early Stage Researcher (ERS) positions for prospective Doctoral Student. These research positions are filled under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Cofund DP project Neuro-Innovation: Research and innovation for brain health throughout life, an the EU-funded initiative. Potential candidates for these positions must be Master’s Degree graduates in a filed related to the relevant research position.
These are fully funded full time position dedicated to applicants who posses an appropriate qualification to enroll for doctoral studies. There are several positions to be filed under this programme. Below are the two topics to be filled by Two (2) qualified Early researchers
- Neuroscience (Neural Networks)
- Computational Physics
These ESR positions are open to Master’s degree graduates in the relevant scientific fields/combinations any nationality from any country around the world. You must however not have resided or carried out any main activity such as work or studies in Finland for more than 12 months in the 3 years by the closing date of the application.
Selected Researchers will be eligible for the following benefit
- As an ESR , you will receive a salary based on based on the salary system for the teaching and research staff at universities.
- Your gross salary will be composed of a job-related salary element and a personal performance salary element.
- Candidates selected for these positions will receive a job-related salary bases on a 2-4 salary element: 2,108€ to 2,629€
- The Researcher’s personal performance salary element worth 6–50% of the job-related salary element.
Eligible candidates must meet the following conditions.
- Applications are open to qualified candidates of any Nationality from all over the world.
- However, you must not have resided or carried out any main activity such as work or studies in Finland for more than 12 months in the 3 years by the closing date of the application.
- Eligible candidates must have completed a MSc degree or its equivalent and a research thesis in a field related to the open position. (Neuroscience, Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or a related field).
- Applicants should not have completed or hold a doctorate or PhD at the time of application
- You must have less than 4 years of research experience.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent English proficiency
Applications for each position must be submitted online, using the online application form under each position. You must click on the research position you are interested in, to access the official application information for specific each position.
Applicants must submit their applications together with the required documents by the deadline of January 31, 2023. Here below is the list of the required documents.
- You must submit certified copies of your Bachelor’s (undergraduate) and Master’s (Graduate) degree certificates and diplomas.
- Applicants must also submit certified copies of the transcripts of records for both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree study
- You must submit an language proficiency certificate/ results
- Applicants who have conducted theory studies in English my be exempted from presenting an English Language certificate, However, they may be subject to English language skills assessments in the interview for the position.
- You must submit curriculum vitae based on a template provided on the programme website.
- Submit your Master’s thesis along with a two-page summary of the Master’s thesis in English
- A well written motivation letter explain your motivation to pursue PhD studies in your preferred research area
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here