Deadline : November 1, 2020 .
Apply for the University of Lausanne UNIL Master’s Grants in Switzerland for international students .The University of Lausanne in Switzerland offers the UNIL Master’s Grants on a competitive basis to international students who wish to pursue a Masters Degree at the University. Masters scholarships are scholarships for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level.
Candidates must have graduated from a foreign university only, that is, their qualification/university degree must be considered equivalent to a Bachelor degree obtained in Switzerland (180 ETCS credits). If your Masters scholarship application pack is complete, the Admissions Department (SII) will decide whether or not you are admissible unconditionally to a Masters programme at UNIL.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- UNIL usually offers around ten scholarships a year to international students.
- The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Applicants must have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- Applicants must have distinguished themselves during their studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- Applicants must have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French and at least C1 in English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Applicants must not been registered with UNIL
- Applicants must have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee
The list of all Masters degrees at UNIL eligible for this scholarship
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
Applicants are advised to follow the procedure below in order to successfully submit their application
- Complete the provided application form duly and clearly
- The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
- The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
- Send your completed application (together with the specified attachments ), unbound, by post only to the provided address below
Along side the application, you will have to also submit the following required documents
- The application form, duly completed and signed
- A passport-sized photograph inserted in the application form (in JPEG format)
- A copy of your secondary school diploma. A certified/notarised translation of any diplomas not
written in French, German, English or Italian is required.
- For Bachelors issued from a University based in a State which has ratified the Lisbon Recognition Convention, a copy of your academic qualifications and of all the grade transcripts from all examinations taken at the university.
- For Bachelors issued from a University based in a State which didn’t ratify the Lisbon Recognition Convention, a certified copy of your academic qualifications and of all the grade transcripts from all examinations taken at the university.
- A certified/notarised translation of any documents not written in French, German, English or Italian is required.
- A copy of the programme description of the last semester of your bachelor degree, if the degree has not yet been obtained
- A complete curriculum vitae
- A cover letter
- Two original letters of recommendation from the candidate’s lecturers, in sealed envelopes.
- A copy of the official certificate of knowledge of the language in which the master is taught (TOEFL or IELTS for English and DALF or DELF for French). B2 is the minimum level required to follow the course.
- A copy of your passport or identity card
- Proof of payment of the CHF 200.00 administration fee (application processing fee)
Application and attachments must be sent to:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne