Deadline : November 1, 2021
Apply for the University of Lausanne UNIL Master’s Grants in Switzerland for international students. The University of Lausanne in Switzerland offers the UNIL Master’s Grants on a competitive basis to international students who wish to pursue a Masters Degree at the University. These Master’s scholarships are awarded to the very best students who demonstrate academic excellence. Qualifying students are those who have graduated from a foreign university with exceptional academic results.
The scholarships are awarded exclusively to students have graduated with a university degree considered equivalent to a Bachelor degree obtained in Switzerland amounting to 180 ETCS credits. Students who have already obtained a Master’s degree may also apply, although priority is given to those with a bachelor’s degree. Your qualification must be exclusive obtained from a foreign university.
Once selected, you will receive a scholarship offer valid for the minimum statutory period of your chosen Master’s programme. Usually, this mounts to one and a half years or two years and totally depends on your chosen masters Degree. Please also note that you may apply for this Masters scholarship even if you have not yet obtained your Bachelor’s degree but you will be required to have completed and obtained your before the start of your chosen Masters programme at UNIL.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- UNIL usually offers around ten (10) scholarships each year to qualifying international students.
- The scholarship grant is worth CHF 1,600 per month offered for a duration of ten (10) months for each academic year
- This scholarship is offered for the entire duration of your selected Master’s degree amounting to one and a half to two years, depending on your degree programme
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Applicants must have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- Students who have already completed a Master’s degree from a foreign university may also apply for this scholarship, but priority is given to Bachelor’s degree graduates.
- Candidates must exhibit academic excellence and posses brilliant academic results from their previous studies
- You must have sufficient language proficiency (English or French) with at least a B2 in French and at least C1 in English. The language choice is solely dependent on you chosen masters degree programme.
- Applicants must not have been Studying or registered with University of Lausanne in Switzerland before.
For this scholarship programme, applicants may apply for one of the Masters degrees from these faculties
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine
- The Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice and Public Administration
- Faculty of Geosciences and Environment
- The Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Arts
- The Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Theology and Sciences of Religions
- Interfaculty Programmes
Applicants are advised to follow the procedure below in order to successfully submit their application
- Candidates must complete the application from the programme website
- This application form must be completed on a computer, downloaded and then duly signed by the candidate.
- Pease note that this application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters. Candidates will find no need to apply for admission with a separate application.
- Together with your completed application , send your application portfolio along with the required documents by post to the address provided below unbound, by post only to the provided address below
Here is a complete list of the required documents
- The Candidate’s fully and correctly completed, signed application form
- You must include a passport-sized photograph to be inserted in the application form.
- Include a copy of your passport or identity card
- Submit copies of your secondary school diploma along with their certified/notarized translation in case they are not issued in French, German, English or Italian.
- You must submit a Certified copy of your Bachelor’s along with a certified copy of your academic qualifications and of all the grade transcripts from all examinations taken at the university.
- Applicants are also required to submit a copy of their programme description of the last semester of their bachelor degree, in case their degree has not yet been completed.
- Submit your most recent complete curriculum vitae along with a Cover letter
- Request and submit two (2) letters of recommendation in original form from the your lecturers. These must be submitted in sealed envelopes.
- Submit copied of official certificate proving knowledge of the language in which the master is taught (TOEFL or IELTS for English and DALF or DELF for French).
- All applicants are also required to of pay and submit proof of payment of the CHF 200.00 administration fee.
Your complete application portifolio must be sent via post to:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here