Deadline : November 1, 2020 .
The University of Miami invites applications for the Stamps Scholarship program for the academic year 2020/ 21. The Stamps Scholarship is UM's most prestigious merit award available to students (International and domestic) at the University of Miami in the United States. This scholarship is awarded to exceptional and academically accomplished high school seniors who present evidence of thier excellence during the application for admission process.
The University of Miami partners with the Stamps Scholars Program to award multiyear scholarships to help driven and talented student leaders achieve their education and life goals. Stamps Scholars pursue their educational interests while developing their leadership skills with merit-based financial aid including enrichment funds that can be used for study abroad, cultural exchanges, research projects, and other educational experiences. Stamps Scholars also join a community of more than 1,000 current and graduate scholars around the world with whom they network and share their experiences
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- If selected as a Stamps Scholars, you will receive the full cost of attendance for four years of undergraduate study at UM.
- The award includes tuition and fees, on-campus housing, a meal plan, University health insurance, textbooks, a laptop allowance, and access to a $12,000 enrichment fund which may be used toward study abroad, undergraduate research, unpaid internships, conferences, leadership development, and other educational purposes mutually agreed upon by the University of Miami and Stamps Family Charitable Foundation
- You may as well receive additional benefits including being part of the Stamps Scholars on-campus and national communities, funding to support academic and scientific research projects, cultural and leadership programs, study abroad, conventions and other regional conferences, and invitations to online events and networking opportunities
Rate this Post
User Review( votes)
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- The Strive Foundation, with its partner schools, seeks students who demonstrate academic merit, strong leadership potential, and exceptional character.
- They support exceptional young people with promise and vision who are eager to make their contribution to the world and have the work ethic to make their dreams a reality.
- Leadership development is at the core of the Stamps Scholarship program. Leadership potential is also a key part of the selection criteria for receiving a Stamps award. And, Stamps Scholars receive a separate financial award to participate in leadership activities of their choosing.
- The Strive Foundation welcomes and supports students from all backgrounds and areas of study and financial need is not a consideration however, students should check directly with the program that they are interested in to view eligibility requirements
Usually, the selection process for this program involves inviting selected candidates for the Stamps Scholarship to participate in the Scholarship Weekend at the University of Miami in the spring. During this two-day weekend program, candidates will meet with UM faculty and current scholars and learn more about our interest-driven education. After the weekend, a selection committee identifies finalists whom they recommend to receive the Stamps Scholarship based on the students' overall achievement and performance during the weekend. Finalists participate in an additional interview with the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation.
Applicants are advised to follow the following admission procedure
- Complete the Common Application. you will be required to submit a supplemental essay of 250 words or less
- Send Official High School Transcripts
- Submitting Test Scores
- Complete the School Report
- Submit Letters of Recommendation
To apply Click here