Deadline : June 17, 2021
Apply for the University of Tokyo Todai Scholarships for International Students. The Todai scholarships (Todai Fellowships) aims to provide financial support to international students who demonstrate academic excellence. Applicants for the scholarships must be applying for one of the doctoral courses offered at the University of Tokyo. Candidates for the fellowship are expected to maintain exceptional performance in their academic research in the doctoral courses of The University of Tokyo.
The Todai Fellowship aims to promote the admission of international students from various countries. Candidates interested in the fellowship must be applied at the same time as submitting an application of entrance examination for the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences. Candidates for the scholarship program are categorized into two (2) categories, namely:
- Category A: Students applying for admission to a doctoral course of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences. Students under this category must submit their application file at the same time as the application documents for the doctoral course
- Category B: Candidates who already hold a valid visa to stay in Japan as a College Student
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- The programme will offer selected applicants a fellowship grant worth JPY 200,000/month for a period of 3 months
- Recipients for the scholarship must not apply for tuition exceptions and must not be recipients of any other type of scholarships
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants for programme must be applying for a Doctoral course at the university of Tokyo
- You must be applying for admission to a doctoral course of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences.
- Applicants who already hold a valid visa to stay in Japan as a “College Student” are also eleigble to apply.
- Candidates must not be applying and/or planning to apply for fellowships or scholarships provided by private organizations
Applications for the programme must be online as per instructions on the programme website. Category A applicants must submit their applications from June 9, 2021 to June 17, 2021 while Category B applicants must submit their applications from November 16, 2021 to November 25, 2021
Your application file must contain the following documents
- A fully completed application Form for Todai Fellowship
- Request a recommendation letter from your former supervisor (preferably from your master program supervisor)
- A well drafted Study Plan
- Submit a List of past achievements
- Your Transcript and certificates for graduate school and undergraduate school
- A Copy of presented papers
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here