Deadline : February 10, 2021
Apply for the University of Zurich Master’s and PhD Students Mobility Grant in Switzerland for the Academic year 2021/22. The students mobility programme if made possible by the collaboration between the Solidarity Fund for Foreign Students and Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg. Through this programme, the North-South Cooperation of the University of Zurich (UZH) is awarding up to three grants per semester for mobility students from universities in the Global South.
Students will have the opportunity to travel to Switzerland and study for one or two semesters at the University of Zurich during the academic year 2021-22. The scholarship is solely dedicated to Masters and PhD students from from universities in the Global South
Applicants will be awarded grants provided that a professor at the University of Zurich guarantees supervision and has a strong interest in working with the mobility student’s home university. Therefore students must contact supervisors and professors from their preferred faculties at the University of Zurich from which they wish to carry out their mobility, discuss, arrange and agree on their study topic. Supervisors will be able to issue students invitation letters for the program. Applications from students with no invitation letter from a UZH professor will not be proceeded.
The mobility grant will be provided for the following periods and entails the following:
- For students studying a full academic year at UZH, the grand will be awarded for a period starting 1 September 2021 to 30 June 2022
- Students studying one semester at UZH will be awarded for a period starting 1 September 2021 to 31 January 2022 and 1 February 2022 to 30 June 2022.
- The grand will include a monthly allowance to cover living costs, study materials, administrative fees, visa fees and insurance costs:
- Students in a Master’s degree program will receive a monthly stipend worth CHF 1400
- PhD students will receive a monthly stipend worth CHF 1700
- You will also receive accommodation a hostel like setting offered free of charge at Justinus Haus Zürich
- You must be a student at a University from an eligible country from the Global South (Please see list here)
- Applicates must secure an invitation letter from a supervisor and the supervisor during the grant period must be a professor at UZH.
- You must be enrolled as a Master’s degree student or PhD student at an accredited and state-approved university in one of the countries in order to apply for the mobility program
- Applicants must be students born in 1978 or younger by the time of application.
- Please note that collaboration between the institute of the supervising UZH professor in Switzerland and the mobility student’s home institution in his/ her home country must already be established.
- Research collaborations must comply with the Guide for Transboundary Research Partnerships set down by the Swiss Commission for Research with Developing Countries (KFPE).
Applicants are advised to follow the following procedure in order to submit their application
- You must contact a supervisor at your home institution who, together with the supervisor at UZH will agree that you will travel to UZH for one or two semesters as a mobility student.
- Together with your supervisors at UZH and your home institution, you specify the content of your project during that time. You have a letter of invitation outlining these details from the supervisor at UZH.
- Applicants must then complete the application form on the Mobility Online Registration Platform.
- After recipient of a confirmation email with your login name and password for the application portal, you will then upload the application documents.
Please find below the required supporying documents for yiur application
- You will need a letter of invitation from the supervising professor at UZH
- Applicants must upload a copy of passport including the passport identification page
- A description of your research project or studies to be carried out at UZH (2-3 pages).
- You must upload a Passport photo that will be used for your UZH student card.
- Your most recent Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Applicants must upload Transcript of Records from their previous and current academic studies
- You will upload a completed and signed form confirmation of enrollment & recognition at home university
- A Letter of motivation including short description of studies and reason for choosing UZH.
- You will also need a Letter of recommendation by a professor at your home university
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here