Deadline: July 30, 2020
Applications are open for the US Fulbright Foreign Student Researchers Program 2021/2022. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program operates in more than 160 countries worldwide. Approximately 4,000 foreign students receive Fulbright scholarships each year.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is administered by binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies. All Foreign Student Program applications are processed by these offices. Note: The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is extremely competitive, particularly in the fields of journalism, communication, and business administration, sciences such as chemistry, biology, physics, and engineering related disciplines
Successful applicants will benefit from a scholarship program described below.
- The grant covers the grantee’s round-trip airfare to the U.S., a settling-in allowance, monthly stipend, housing allowance, books-and-supplies allowance, and computer allowance. The grant also covers basic university health insurance as a primary insurance coverage and the Fulbright ASPE health benefit as secondary coverage.
The Program normally targets International Students and graduates form selected countries (List on website)
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Applicants must be citizens of the an eligible country (See list on application page).
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor degree requiring at least four years of full-time study (or three + one, three + two in the Bologna system); – for selected countries
- Applicants for DOCTORAL OR PHD students must have completed a significant amount of their doctoral program in home universities and have the endorsement of their home institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years of professional experience in the field of study and demonstrate leadership ability
- Applicants must be proficient in oral and written English (equivalent to B2 level; TOEFL test scores are not required at the time of application.)
- Applicants must be eligible for a J-1 visa.
- Applicants must receive a satisfactory medical clearance.
To apply for the scholarship, you are advised to follow the following procedure.
- Visit the application web page and select your country from the drop down list.
- Follow the country specific link presented and read carefully the eligible criteria and application deadline
- Using the link provided, create and submit your application
During the application process, you will be required to submit documents including:
- Application form (generated by the Embark system including attachments available in the system)
- Translated and notarized copies of university diploma(s) and grade transcripts from all higher educational institutions attended
- Three letters of reference
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter from employer confirming employment
- Copy of passport bio page
- Copies of certificates from previous trainings (relevant to field of study only)
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit Fulbright Foreign Student Program