Deadline : September 15, 2021
Apply for the US Fulbright Public Policy Fellowships for US Scholars. The Fulbright Public Policy Fellowships are dedicated to early and mid-career professionals from the U.S. These fellowships aim to give an opportunity to selected fellows to serve in placements in a foreign government ministry or institution around the world. Through his programme, Fellows build mutual understanding and contribute to strengthening the public sector while cultivating public policy experience in their area of expertise.
As a fellow, you will be hosted a ministry or institution in your destination country and will spend approximately 80% of your time carrying out ministry-directed projects. The programme included an independent research component that focuses on an issue related to the Fellow’s in-country work therefore, you will spend approximately 20% of your carrying out an independent research project.
The fellowships are intended run for a Minimum length of four (4) months to a maximum length of nine (9) months. Selected fellows will be expected to start their fellowship in July 2022. Applicants interested in these fellowships will be able carry out their fellowship work in Burma, Cote d’Ivoire, Peru, Ukraine. The fellowships ate intended to give fellows the ability to build their knowledge and skills, provide support to partner-country institutions, and promote long-term ties between the U.S. and these countries.
Selected candidates will receive the following benefits
- Fellows will receive a monthly allowances based on rates set for Fulbright U.S. Scholar research grants in each proposed country.
- Selected fellows will receive coverage for Round-trip, economy-class, international travel to their destination country
- You will receive a relocation Allowance worth $500.
- There is a $750 book/research allowance is provided to help cover costs of research materials.
To apply, you must meet the following conditions
- These fellowships are exclusive dedicated to U.S. Citizens
- Applicants must be early and mid-career professionals and practitioners who demonstrate interest in working at foreign government ministry or institution around the world
- Awards are open to individuals who have more than seven years of experience in a particular profession.
- Although the overall working language in English, placements in some countries may require language proficiency in a certain language
- Peru: You must have proficiency in Spanish at an advanced level
- Cote d’Ivoire: Applicants must have Proficiency in French
- Ukraine: You may be required to have a basic level of Ukrainian or Russian language skills but this depends entirely on the Ministry.
- The main focus areas of the placements are given below
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Sciences/Systems
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health
Applications for the fellowships are submitted online. After launching your application, you will be required to provide the required application information including your bio-data and academic history. Please remember that you do not need to complete the application at one time. You can re-enter at any time to edit your application.
Your application will require you to sumit a list of documents including the following
- You will submit a project statement explaining your proposed project and clearly indicating your specific area of interest
- Applicants are also required to submit a curriculum vitae or resume.
- You must request two (2) letters of recommendation which will be used to evaluate your professional work, including the abilities and expertise.
- Applicants will be required to write Short Essays on different selected topics
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here