Deadline : June 30, 2021
Applications are open for the US Fulbright Scholar Research Award Program 2022. The main aim of the Fulbright Scholar Research Award Program is to enable graduate students, young professionals and artists from countries around the world to study and conduct research in the United States. The Program operates in over 160 countries worldwide with almost 4,000 foreign students awarded the Fulbright scholarships every year.
Administered by binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies brings together students from different countries for a common goal. All Foreign Student Program applications are processed by these offices so candidates must apply via their country offices. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is extremely competitive, particularly in the fields of journalism, communication, and business administration, sciences such as chemistry, biology, physics, and engineering related disciplines
Successful applicants will benefit from a scholarship program described below.
- The grant covers the grantee’s round-trip airfare to the U.S., a settling-in allowance, monthly stipend, housing allowance, books-and-supplies allowance, and computer allowance.
- This grant also covers basic university health insurance as a primary insurance coverage and the Fulbright ASPE health benefit as secondary coverage
To apply and be considered for this scholarship, you must meet the following conditions. (Please note that application conditions vary by country)
- Applicants must be citizens of the an eligible country (See list on application page)
- Usually, applicants are required to holds a doctoral degree at the time of application.
- You must have sufficient proficiency in English appropriate to the proposed research project to be carried out in the United States.
- The applicant must be currently engaged in teaching or significant research at a home university or a research institution.
- You must be eligible for a J-1 visa.
- Applicants must receive a satisfactory medical clearance.
To apply for the scholarship, you are advised to follow the following procedure.
- Visit the application web page and select your country from the drop down list.
- Follow the country specific link presented and read carefully the eligible criteria and application deadline
- Using the link provided, create and submit your application
During the application process, you will be required to submit documents including:
- Application form (generated by the Embark system including attachments available in the system)
- Translated and notarized copies of university diploma(s) and grade transcripts from all higher educational institutions attended
- Three letters of reference
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter from employer confirming employment
- Copy of passport bio page
- An English proficiency score report (hard copy): TOEFL (iBT)
- Copies of certificates from previous trainings (relevant to field of study only)
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here