Deadline : January 31, 2022
Applications are now open for prospective students to apply for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships at Utrecht University in Netherlands. These scholarships are open to applicants from non EU/EEA countries, applying for a masters degree for an eligible participating programs. Every year, the Utrecht University offers several scholarships to eligible applicants and for the academic year 2021-2022. up to 20-25 scholarships are available for application distributed across the 6 Graduate Schools.
These scholarships are dedicated to excellent performing students who are usually in the top 10% of their class. The Utrecht scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree programme which is usually one or two years and may depend on the degree programme. The scholarship are subject to renewal each year and as a requirement, you must have excellent performance and satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship are required to secure admission into a program of their choice by the closing date of application to the scholarship. Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well. The Utrecht university was founded in 1636 and located in the heart of the Netherlands. Utrecht University is one of Europe’s leading research universities and is recognized internationally for their high-quality, innovative approach to research and teaching.
Selected candidates for the Utrecht Excellence scholarship will receive the following benefits
- The funds for the scholarships come from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, established by Utrecht University and from contributions by Utrecht University alumni. There are two categories of scholarships awarded under this scheme.
- Category 1 scholarship recipients will be eligible for full tuition fees coverage. This is valid for the entire duration of your studies.
- Category 2 covers tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses per year for the whole period of your studies
To apply for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria
- You must belong to the top 10% of your graduating class and regarded as an excellent student.
- Applicants must have proof of excellent performance with an official document issued by their university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class
- Proof for excellence may be a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate
- Applicants are students coming form non EU/EEA countries and are not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- You must have completed your secondary school and Bachelor degree for masters, outside the Netherlands
- To be considered, applicants must have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of September 1, 2022.
Applicants are advised to submit an application for the Master’s programme. Upon submission of your application for admission, you will then go ahead and complete your application for the Utrecht excellent scholarship at the Utrecht university in the Netherlands starting November 1, 2022. Along with the application form, you must also submit the following application documents.
You will need to upload one of the following document:
- A Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class from your university
- You will need an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here