Deadline : November 1, 2022
Apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship programme 2022. The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement. Applicants for the programme usually have an academic background in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
This scholarship programme is named after Major-General Georges P. Vanier. He was the first francophone Governor General of Canada. The scholarship is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada as well as foreign citizens from countries around the world. However, applications are considered by nomination.
Since its launch by the Government of Canada, the programme awards up to 166 scholarships per year, with a total of up to 500 scholarships active any given time. The scholarship lasts for a duration of three years in which you will be stationed at a Canadian institution carrying our research and working on different projects.
Applicants selected for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship programme will receive the following benefits
- You will receive scholarship grant worth $50,00 per year
- The grant will be paid for a total duration of three (3) years
- The program is based on a train and retain scheme, therefore, up on completion of your program, you may choose to start a career in Canada
In order to be considered for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship programme, you must meet the following conditions
- The scholarship is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens
- Applications are considered on a nomination basis, therefore you must secure nominated by only one Canadian institution
- You must be currently pursing your first doctoral degree at any institution around the world
- Students attending a joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD with a significant research component are also welcome to apply.
- You must be ready to pursue a full-time doctoral or a joint graduate program studies and research at the nominating institution.
- Applicates must not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies by the start of the programme
- You must demonstrate excellent academic performance equivalent to a first-class average in each of the last two years of full-time study.
Applications for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship programme are considered based on nomination by one of the participating Canadian Institutions. You must therefore apply and seek nomination from your preferred institution
- Usually, the nomination process takes on two forms
- The candidate contacts the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution and informs them of his/ her their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program. OR
- A Canadian institution initiates the nomination process by identifying and contacting the desired candidate.
The deadline for application is November 1, 2022. However, Participating institutions reserve the right to set internal deadline for receiving applications for nominations
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here