Deadline : January 31, 2021
Apply for the Vienna Biocenter Summer School . The summers schools includes a series of lectures given by faculty members on recent discoveries and state-of-the-art techniques in their respective field. Each fellow will be allocated a faculty member, with whom they will work closely. A diverse range of research projects are available in: Molecular biology, neuroscience, immunology, bioinformatics, RNA biology, stem cells, and biochemistry.
Covering a broad range of topics the lectures will include the latest on small regulatory RNAs, the cell division apparatus and neuronal circuitry. These exclusive lectures will be held in an informal atmosphere to encourage interaction between scholars and faculty.
The Vienna Biocenter Summer School provides a unique opportunity for approx. 30 undergraduate students to work side by side with leading researchers in a dynamic scientific environment
The programme aims to attract talented students from around the world, creating a vibrant and diverse atmosphere. It is the perfect preparation for those students who are interested in graduate study in the life sciences arena.
Applicants who are successful are provided with accommodation, a travel allowance and a stipend for the duration of the scholarship.
- Scholars will be housed free of charge in student accommodation.
- The complex features modern rooms that are internet enabled, fully furnished, and have a shared bathroom and kitchen.You will receive Free student accommodation
- Each applicant will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week programme
- A Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks of the program for all participants
- Applicants will receive a free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship
- You will receive Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna and attend numerous social events
If you wish to apply for this program, you need to fulfill the following eligible criteria
- You must have completed at least 2 years of a University study (eg. 2/3 years of a Bachelor study or at least 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June)
- Applicants must have some previous research experience in a given filed
- You must have excellent grades and Good academic record
- Applicants must have a proficiency level of English language. The program language is English throughout. Proficiency in English is therefore required. A formal proof of competence in English (IELTS, CPE or TOEFL) is recommended but not mandatory.
- You will have to provide evidence of enrollment in a University programme for the current academic year and the next year (if possible)
Applicants must compete their applications for admission into the program using the provided online form and must then upload the required supporting documents. Required documents include:
- you should upload a personal statement with the programmes that you have/will apply for
- An enrolment certificate and transcript of studies and/or exam results for the last years of your course
- Applicants msut also to upload a proof of enrolment for the next academic year
- The program language is English throughout. therefore a proficiency in English is required. much as a formal proof of competence in English with IELTS, CPE or TOEFL is recommended, this is not mandatory.
- All uploaded documents that are not in English or German should have a translation attached. The translation can be done by the applicant.
- At the time of application letters of reference are not required. However, the selection committee may contact the supervisor(s) of shortlisted candidates.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here