Deadline : November 12, 2019
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is an academic summer enrichment program for outstanding high school students from around the world. Each summer, students from over 125 countries participate in one of five interdisciplinary, 2-week sessions at Yale’s historic campus. Immerse yourself in a global learning community at Yale this summer.
Yale Young Global Scholars invites students from over 125 countries and all 50 U.S. states to spend two weeks at Yale University attending an academic session of their choice. They offer sessions in engineering, biology, international affairs, literature, arts, and more. Participants experience university life through Yale faculty lectures and small-scale seminars, all while meeting students from around the world.
- YYGS provides need-based financial aid to both domestic and international students that covers partial- or full-tuition discounts (up to $6,300, or 100% of tuition), as well as scholarships that cover travel assistance.
- A small, intimate educational experience with an 8:1 student to instructor ratio
- A taste of university life, including residential dormitories, meals, labs, and lectures with Yale faculty
- Humanities, social sciences, science, and math curricula at a top research institution
- Easy, affordable access to the program with fee waivers, tuition packages, and travel assistance
- The most global summer program in the world, with students from all 50 U.S. states and over 125 countries
- A resume boost for your university applications, since participation at YYGS is recognized by admissions officers at colleges and universities
- Age: Be at least 16 years old by July 19, 2020 (first day of Session III).*
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: Be graduating in May/June 2021 or 2022 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2020 or 2021 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- YYGS Participation: Be a first-time participant in YYGS. If you have participated in any YYGS session during a previous summer (e.g., 2019, 2018), then you are not eligible to participate during YYGS 2020.
Please note: If you previously applied to YYGS but were not offered admission or were unable attend AND you meet the eligibility criteria noted above, then you are encouraged to re-apply for YYGS 2020.
All students must submit the following application components:
- Activities list
- One 500-word essay and one 200-word response
- Two “fast take” responses (140 characters each)
- Official school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application fee ($55 for Early Action, $70 for Regular Decision)
- You must click the Finalize & Pay button on the “Review” page for your application to be considered.
- OPTIONAL: English fluency test scores (TOEFL or DuoLingo)*
- OPTIONAL: Need-based financial aid**
*Students may submit English fluency test scores if available. You do not need to take an English fluency test to apply for YYGS, and you can instead waive this requirement.
**Students who would like to be reviewed for financial aid must complete the financial aid section of the online application.
To Apply, Click Here