Deadline : November 10, 2020
Apply for the Yale Young Global Scholars Program 2021 at Yale University. The Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is an academic summer enrichment program for outstanding high school students from around the world. The Yale Young Global Scholars aims to empower a new generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding and inspire creative action across all borders
Each summer, students from over 125 countries get a chance to participate in one of five interdisciplinary, 2-week sessions at Yale’s historic campus. This year, Yale Young Global Scholars invites students from over 130 countries and all 50 U.S. states for an opportunity to spend two weeks at Yale University attending an academic session of their choice.
They offer sessions in engineering, biology, international affairs, literature, arts, and more. Participants experience university life through Yale faculty lectures and small-scale seminars, all while meeting students from around the world.
- YYGS provides need-based financial aid to both domestic and international students that covers partial- or full-tuition discounts (up to $6,300, or 100% of tuition)
- You can also apply for Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Alumni Scholarship which covers full tuition costs and related travel expenses
- Successful applicants will enjoy a small, intimate educational experience with an 8:1 student to instructor ratio
- You will get a taste of university life, including residential dormitories, meals, labs, and lectures with Yale faculty
- At the end of the program, you will be able to have a resume boost for your university applications, since participation at YYGS is recognized by admissions officers at colleges and universities
- You must be aged between 14-22 years of age if living in Palau,
- For international applicants, you need to be between 16-22 years of age.
- Applicants must be committed to being a part of the solution for your and future generations
- you must be open-minded and willing to share and learn with others cooperatively
- The YL Scholarships will be awarded to selected students in the U.S. and internationally who fall under the following categories
- Black or African American (including Africa and the Caribbean)
- Hispanic and/or Latino/Latina/Latinx
- Members of Indigenous peoples, nations, and/or communities
You will have to create a new account and register, before proceeding on with the application process. You will need to submit the following requirements during the application process
- Activities list
- One 500-word essay and one 200-word response
- Two “fast take” responses (140 characters each)
- Official school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application fee
- English fluency test scores (TOEFL or DuoLingo) if available at the time of application
- Need-based financial aid if you wish to be considered for the scholarship
*Students may submit English fluency test scores if available. You do not need to take an English fluency test to apply for YYGS, and you can instead waive this requirement.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here