Deadline : November 15, 2021
2022 YSEALI Professional Fellows Program is now open for applications. The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program is dedicated to emerging leaders between the ages of 25 and 35 the opportunity to spend five weeks in the United States. This includes a four weeks period in which participants will work directly with American counterparts in individually tailored work placements with relevant private and/or public sector organizations.
Fellows who are selected for the placements will have the opportunity to build their practical expertise, leadership skills, and professional networks. This exchange programme runs under the following schemes
- Civic Engagement
- Economic Empowerment
- Governance and Society
- Sustainable Development and the Environment
The 2022 programme will run under two sessions with the first session staring on June 13, 2022 and ending July 22, 2022. Session 2 will run from September 12, 2022 to October 21, 2022.
Applicants for the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Professional Fellows Program (YSEALI PFP) must be mid-level professionals from selected Asian countries. Through this two-way exchange program, YSEALI PFP aims to promote mutual understanding, develop leadership and professional skills while building a lasting and sustainable partnerships between emerging leaders in Southeast Asia and the United States.
Fellows selected for the YSEALI PFP will receive the following benefits
- Selected fellows will receive full coverage for accommodation and meals for the entire duration of the programme.
- All visa fees will be covered through the program as well as travel costs to attend the visa interview.
- You will receive coverage for transportation to the Untied states and back to your home country
- The Fellows will stay in hotels during much of the program. However, an important component of the program is a cultural introduction to the U.S. They will work with U.S. fellowship hosts to arrange for a three-week home stay for each Southeast Asian Fellow during the program.
Eligible applicants must meet the following conditions
- Applicants must be young professionals coming form the following participating YSEALI countries. (Please see full list here).
- Candidates are usually emerging leaders in government, civil society, or the private sector who have demonstrated expertise pertaining to the respective theme.
- You must be a mid-level professionals, 25 to 35 years old at the time of participation in the program,
- Applicants must posses at least two years of relevant professional work experience and must be currently employed
- To be considered, you must demonstrate proficiency in both written and oral English .
- Preferred applicants are those who are genuinely interested in developing an individual project of their own selection in their home workplace or community.
Applications for the programme are submitted online using the online application portal. During the application, you be requested to upload supplemental materials and request recommendations.
Please note that you will be asked to rank the Institute themes in order of your preference. Applicants will also be asked to indicate which of the two program cycles you would like to participate in.
You will be requested to submit the following documents
- Information regrading your Education history including the degrees and Diplomas you may have completed.
- You will also be required to suit proof of Comprehensive work experience.
- Applicants must submit a resume or CV in English.
- You will be required to answer three (3) essay questions as part of your application. Questions aim to address your motivations for applying, how your participation will impact your community, and how you intend to use your experience to support a follow-on project in your home community.
- Applicants must request recommendation from 2 referees.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here