Deadline : January 31, 2020 .
Apply for the TUT Recommended Candidates of Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2021. The MEXT University Recommendation and Special Scholarship Program is dedicated to participants of the Innovative Engineers Development Program through Enhancing Network between Asian Countries and Regional Industries. Toyohashi University of Technology (TUT) is accepting applications for the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2021 (University Recommendation (Special Program).
Up to 8 MEXT Scholarships will be recommended by Toyohashi University of Technology for the academic year 2021 and will be granted to eligible applicants. Scholarship recipients must be willing to contribute to mutual understanding between Japan and their home country by participating in activities at schools and communities during their study in Japan while contributing to the internationalization of Japan. You will also make efforts to promote relations between your home country and Japan by maintaining close relations with the university attended after graduation, cooperating with the conducting of surveys and questionnaires, and cooperating with relevant projects and events conducted by Japanese diplomatic missions after they return to their home countries.
- Allowance: The amounts listed below shall be paid depending on the course enrolled in. The amount of payment is subject to change each fiscal year, depending on the Japanese Government’s budget. The scholarship shall be cancelled if a grantee is absent from the university for an extended period.
- Regular students enrolled in master’s course: 144,000 JPY per month
- Regular students enrolled in doctoral courses: 145,000 JPY per month
- Travel Expenses - Transportation to Japan: In principle, MEXT stipulates the travel schedule and route, and provides an economy-class airline ticket for the flight from the international airport closest to the grantee’s residence (in principle, the country of nationality) to Narita International Airport or to any other international airport used on the normal route to the accepting university (Chubu Centrair International Airport, Nagoya)
- Education fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition will be borne by TUT.
- Applicants must be graduate level international students who are newly coming to Japan. They must have demonstrated excellent academic achievement with a grade point average of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above in their most recent academic degree and will be expected to maintain an equivalent level during the scholarship period.
- Applicants must have nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. Applicants with Japanese nationality at the time of application are not eligible.
- Applicants, in principle, must have been born on or after April 2, 1984. Exceptions are limited to cases in which MEXT deems that the applicant could not apply within the eligible age limit due to circumstances in the applicant’s country (e.g. military service obligation, loss of educational opportunities due to conditions of war) Personal circumstances (financial situation, family circumstances, state of health, circumstances related to applicant’s university or place of employment, etc.) will not be considered for exception .
- Academic Background: Applicants must satisfy one of the qualification requirements to enter a master’s degree or doctoral degree program at a Japanese graduate school. (Applicants who are certain to satisfy the requirements with certainty by the time of enrollment are also eligible.)
- Applicants should apply for the field of study they majored in at university or a related field. The field of study must be a subject that applicants will be able to study and research in graduate program at TUT.
- Applicants must have either Japanese or English language ability and must also satisfy one of the set conditions.
- 2020 Application form for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship MEXT_application_form_sp
- Field of Study and Research Plan MEXT_study_plan_sp
- Official Academic Transcripts from both undergraduate and graduate schools (Originals or Certified copies)
- Certificate of Graduation or Provisional Certificate from both undergraduate and graduate schools (Originals or Certified copies)
- Publication list for MEXT Scholarship Application MEXT_publication_list
- Abstract of Thesis (if completed) or a description of your thesis research in progress
- Proof of high performance or good achievement record
- Recommendation Letter
- Certificate of language proficiency
- Photocopy of passport
- Declaration sheet for MEXT Scholarship Application MEXT_declaration_sp
- Check list of documents for Japanese Government Scholarship MEXT_ms_check
- Academic Performance Entry Sheet ap_entry_sheet
To apply Click Here