Deadline : June 30, 2021
The Trust Conference Changemakers Programme, now in its eighth (8th) year aims to bring together innovators, changemakers and inspiring pioneers from across all across the world. Participants in the programme are committed individuals who demonstrate commitment to developing concrete solutions to the many pressing human rights issues in alignment with Trust Conference themes.
This year, the Trust Conference Changemakers Programme will award up to 48 scholarships to applicants from diverse disciplines to participate in a multi-week learning programme. The programme will aim to build the capacity and strengthens the global network of two pivotal actors driving positive change and impact in society, namely:
- Frontline advocates striving for solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges,
- Local independent journalists who are explaining and amplifying those issues through media
The programme will open September 27, 2021 and will be conducted exclusively online. This will include a five-week virtual Hub before the conference, that features an intensive week of solutions journalism training for journalists, followed by joint sessions in which discussions will be held with expert speakers on topics such as digital access to healthcare, just transition and climate change and the latest online safety measures
- You will have the opportunity to attend a five weeks of specialized capacity building training and networking with other Changemakers, starting on September 27th
- The programme also gives you an opportunity to attend and be selected to present on stage at the annual Trust Conference, taking place virtually on November 17 and 18, 2021 and receive global exposure
- Participants will have their names and photo included in the Trust Conference marketing materials and on the official conference website
- You will become an Alumni membership as part of an exclusive network to receive continued engagement opportunities
- To be considered for the programme, applicants must demonstrate sufficient proficient in spoken and written English.
- Those who have previously attended the Trust Conference Changemakers Programme may not apply again.
- You will be required to have access to a minimum internet speed of 8 Mb/second in order to follow the programme online
- All applicants will be required to have access to a computer to participate in the training
The Changemaker Programme applications will open in May 26, 2021 and close on June 30, 2021. Applications can only be submitted online using the designated form
The Thomson Reuters Foundation as well as other sponsors of the Changemakers Programme will select the best deserving candidates from a pool of exceptional applicants from across the world.
The selection for the Changemaker Programme will be based on an objective rating system developed by the Foundation’s review committee.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here