Deadline : December 15, 2019
TU Delft announces the Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships for 2020 academic year. These scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology. The Global Initiative aims to support capacity building in the Global South and to advance future leadership focusing on sustainable global development. The UN Sustainable Development Goals are a guiding principle for the TU Delft.
TU Delft Global Initiative offers four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships every year. From the students they expect that they are willing to act as ambassadors during their studies and after graduation
€25.000 per year for Sub-Saharan students, which includes:
- Full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc programme based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, AND contribution for the living expenses.
- Membership to the Scholarship club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc.
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be their ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Excellent international applicants (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year Regular TU Delft’s MSc programmes.
- With a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in the bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the above mentioned countries.
- Students should come from: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Check if you're eligible for this scholarship
- Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
- In addition to all the regular documents for a MSc programme application:
- Upload the Scholarship Application Form
- Upload two reference letters (in one PDF document),according to required documents
Two reference letters in either English, French, German or Dutch.
These letters must be:
- from either a previous professor or assistant professor. If you have work experience, one of these letters may be from your employer.
- written on the official letterhead /have the official stamp of the university or company.
- signed by the referee and include your complete name