Deadline : December 12, 2021
TU Delft announces the Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships for 2022/2023 academic year. The Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence scholarships are dedicated to passionate talented and motivated candidates who demonstrate exceptional interest in studies. Applicants must be students from Sub-Saharan Africa who have received conditional admission to study at the Delft University of Technology.
For the 2022/ 2023 academic year, there is s total of four (4) scholarships to be awarded to eligible candidates. The main goal of the scholarship is to support capacity building in the Global South, advance future leadership focusing on sustainable global development and support the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
These scholarships in form of Tuition fees and stipends to cover living expenses. Scholarships are awarded for the entire duration of your Master’s degree study. As a scholarship recipient, you will be expected act as ambassadors during your studies and after graduation.
If selected for the TU Delft Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships, you will receive the following benefits
- You will receive full courage for tuition fees for your selected TU Delft MSc programme.
- The scholarship also offers you a monthly stipend to help cover your daily expenses. contribution for the living expenses.
- You will also receive membership to the Scholarship club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars.
Candidates must meet the following application conditions
- The scholarship programme is exclusively reserved to students from the following sub-Saharan African countries (See full list here)
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic performance from their previous studies.
- Candidates must have completed a your bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the eligible countries.
- You must have achieved a GPA of 80 percent or higher in your bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the above mentioned countries.
- Must have applied and received conditional admission to one of the 2-year Regular TU Delft’s MSc programmes.
- You must be willing and ready to be the University ambassador for Sub-Sharan Africa
Interested and eligible students are advised to follow the following steps to complete their applications for the scholarship. Remember, the deadline for application is December 12, 2021.
- You must first check to confirm that you are eligible for this scholarship (Country of origin, grades)
- If eligible, complete and submit your application for admission, for your selected Master’s programme. Instructions for application for admission are available on the university website).
- In addition to all the regular documents for a MSc programme application, Upload the Scholarship Application Form
- Request and upload two reference letters to support your application.
- Remember to upload an English proficiency Certificate
Two reference letters in either English, French, German or Dutch. These letters must be:
- From either a previous professor or assistant professor.
- If you have work experience, one of these letters may be from your employer.
- Acceptable letters must be written on the official letterhead /have the official stamp of the university or company.
- Letters must be signed by the referee and must include your complete name
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here