Deadline : September 30, 2020 .
Apply for tuition free study at the University of Vienna in Austria, for both Bachelors and Masters Degree incoming students from selected countries that are eligible for a tuition waiver. The University of Vienna offers the largest range of courses in Austria.
The University of Vienna is the largest research institution in Austria and the largest educational institution: Around 89,000 national and international students are currently enrolled at the University of Vienna. With 178 regular courses, it has the most diverse range of courses in the country. The University of Vienna is also an important institution for further education in Austria. Founded in 1365, Alma Mater Rudolphina Vindobonensis celebrated its 650th anniversary in 2015 with a varied annual program.
Prospective students choose from almost 60 Bachelor's and over 100 Master's degree programs as well as more than 70 university courses . This gives them the chance to choose the course of study that best suits their ideas, interests and professional goals.
The university recognizes the financial challenges many students face when seeking higher education away from their home countries and there fore it is proud to present the tuition fee waiver aimed to easing the financial burden on such students and especially those from developing countries. Students interested in this program are advised to follow closely the application deadlines for admission in order to be considered, that is latest June 30, 2020 for Bachelors degree students and September 30 for Masters Degree applicants
How the tuition free study works at the University of Vienna
- Students with citizenship of one of the selected countries developing countries (See list under eligibility criteria) are exempt from tuition fees.
- The tuition fee is waived for the entire duration of the regular course of study, so that only the ÖH fee is payable per semester (ÖH fee is 20.20 euros)
To be eligible for this the tuition fee waiver, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be coming from one of the following countries: Afghanistan • Angola • Equatorial Guinea • Ethiopia • Bangladesh • Benin • Bhutan • Burkina Faso • Burundi • Djibouti • Eritrea • Gambia • Guinea • Guinea-Bissau • Haiti • Yemen • Cambodia • Cape Verde • Kiribati • Comoros • Congo - Democratic Republic • Laos - People's Democratic Republic • Lesotho • Liberia • Madagascar • Malawi • Maldives • Mali • Mauritania • Mozambique • Myanmar • Nepal • Niger • Rwanda • Solomon Islands • Zambia • Samoa • São Tomé and Principe • Senegal • Sierra Leone • Somalia • Sudan • Tanzania - United Republic • Timor-Leste • Togo • Chad • Tuvalu • Uganda • Vanuatu • Central African Republic
- Masters Degree
- Without exception, an application for admission is only possible if you have completed your studies (at least 180 ECTS) and are no longer entitled to an examination. Confirmation from your university of graduation and the grade transcript / diploma supplement will be accepted.
- Your post-secondary degree of at least three years must be subject-related or closely related to the future master's degree.
- If your course is offered in German, you will need a proof of your German language skills at level A2 or higher
- For all English course, you will need an English proficiency certificate to prove your skills
- Bachelors Degree
- Proof of special university entrance qualification
- You must have a High school/ secondary qualification
- You will need a proof of your German language skills at level A2 or higher
To apply, you are advised to follow the following procedure
Step 1: prepare the required documents
- Prepare all necessary documents in the respective file format before the application period begins.
- Scan the documents. Create PDF files using an online tool of your choice and combine several pages of a document in one PDF file (e.g. Bachelor certificate + transcripts + certification + translation; proof of special university entrance qualification + translation etc.)
Step 2: Application for admission in u: space
- Within the application period, create your u: account in u: space that you will need in your further studies.
- Log in to u: space, complete the registration, select the desired course of study and upload the necessary documents. Then click on "Apply".
- During the application, you will need to attach the required documents
- As soon as the status of your application is "submitted" in u: space under "My study applications", the admission to study can process your application.
- Your passport or identity card (front and back)
- Proof of German language skills at level A2 (when applying for a German-language master’s degree)
- Proof of German language skills at level A2 ( For bachelors applicants)
- Your degree/ High school certificate (s) and your transcript of transcripts with the required legalization for your country
- if applicable, proof of special university entrance qualification ( a must for bachelors degree applicants)
- a translation of the above documents by a sworn translator (if not in German or English)
- Proof of knowledge of German or English and other requirements stipulated in the curriculum
To apply Click Here