UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: May 1, 2019
World Heritage Youth Fora are among the flagship activities of the World Heritage Education Programme, serving as a platform for bringing young professionals and heritage experts together to foster intercultural learning and exchange, to debate about common concerns and to discover new roles for themselves in heritage conservation.
In this context, and as an integral part of the 43rd session of the World Heritage Committee, within the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme, the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan will host the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 under the theme of ‘World Heritage: Local Insights for Global Challenges’, from 23 June to 2 July 2019, in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The Forum will highlight the key opportunities and challenges of heritage management in the twenty-first century, by drawing from the local contexts of the World Heritage sites in Baku and expanding them to a global level.
- The participants are expected to arrive on 23 June. All related expenses (economy class flights, accommodation, local transportation and meals) will be covered by the host country for the duration of the Forum.
- The organizers will also assist in the travel preparations, and will provide support to the participants who need a visa.
- If any participant wishes to extend his/her stay, all related costs will be covered by the participant. In such a case, the organizers should be informed in advance, in order to make all the necessary arrangements.
- Participants of the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 are expected to be:
- Aged between 23 and 32 years;
- Experienced in the field of World Heritage; working on conservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities, along with other young people;
- Motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries;
- Available for the entire duration of the Forum;
- Proficient in English, as the Forum will be conducted entirely in English.
Before arriving in Azerbaijan, participants are requested to prepare a short presentation on one of the World Heritage sites in their respective country, linked to the theme of the Forum. All participants are also requested to bring some samples of traditional food and drinks, and a flag of their country, to share on the intercultural night.
Candidates who wish to apply to the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum should fill in and submit the online application form.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 01 May 2019 at 23:59, Azerbaijan Time (CET+2)
Should you require any additional clarifications or encounter any difficulties while applying, please contact Mr Telman Malikzada: [email protected]