Deadline : September 1, 2021
Do you wish to apply for the Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship Program in Canada?. The Université de Montréal introduced a new scholarship program for exemption from additional tuition fees for international students who intend to undertake studies at Undergraduate( Bachelors), Gradate (Masters) and Postgraduate (PhD) levels at the Université de Montréal in Canada.
The major aim of this new program is to support international students with the best talent from around the world attend one of the best and prestigious francophone research universities in Canada and the world and in return, these international students are expected to help fulfill the University educational mission by enriching the cultural diversity of the Université de Montréal community, thereby showing their appreciation and exhibiting their contribution to the University community at large.
The UdeM exemption scholarship program is designed to support international candidates in their university studies. Starting in the fall of 2020 and continuing for the summer 2021, fall 2021 and winter 2022 terms., applicants could benefit from an exemption from the tuition fees normally charged to international students. Obtaining scholarships is certainly a very good way to finance your studies! Nevertheless, it is important to know that they are generally allocated to students with excellent academic records.
If you are eligible for this scholarship program, you will benefit from the following tuition weavers
Undergraduate : These amounts are applied to tuition fees of $23,662 per year (30 credits).
The scholarship is awarded at 3 levels determined by the applicants academic record. This amount is applied to tuition fees of $27,300 per year (45 credits).
- Level A: $11,998 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $5,999 per session (15 credits) or $399 per credit
- Level B: $5,718 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $2,859 per session (15 credits) or $190.60 per credit
- Level C: $2,000 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $1,000 per session (15 credits) or $66.67 per credit
Masters : This amount is applied to tuition fees of $27,300 per year (45 credits).
- $9,420 per year (3 sessions, equivalent to 45 credits) or $3,140 per session (equivalent to 15 credits)
PhD : This amount is applied to the tuition fees of $24,300 per year (45 credits).
- $19,339 per year (3 sessions, equivalent to 45 credits) or $6,546 per session (equivalent to 15 credits) for the entire duration of your studies.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria.
- Applicants must apply and receive admission for their preferred Degree program at the university
- You must hold a study permit or be eligible for a study permit upon your admission
- Candidates must neither be permanent residents of Canada nor hold Canadian citizenship.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a study program throughout their studies at the Université de Montréal.
- You must not be benefiting and will not benefit from another form of tuition fee exemption through another policy or measure.
- French and Belgian Francophone students already benefit from several tuition exemptions therefore they are not eligible.
To apply, you are advised to follow the following procedure
- Apply for admission for you preferred course
- Applicants must submit their applications for admissions for either Bachelors, Master’s or PhD programmes. The Deadline for application is usually September 1
- Follow-up your application and receive an offer of admission
- All applicants will receive access codes to follow their application from the Student Centre developed specially for you monitor your application and receive your offer of acceptance letter.
- Acceptance of admission offer.
- If you receive admission, you will automatically become eligible for the scholarship. There is no separate application form required for the UdeM Exemption Scholarship. All admitted candidates will be evaluated to determine their eligibility and the amount of their exemption scholarship.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here