Deadline : July 14, 2021
Apply for the 2021 The Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD) Graduate Scholarship (UGS) program. The Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD) Graduate Scholarship (UGS) is offering outstanding scholars, students and professionals the opportunity undertake graduate study and advanced research in Universiti Brunei Darussalam. This is made possible through the generous UBD Graduate Scholarship (UGS).
The scholarship is dedicated to Bruneian and non-Bruneian candidates from outside Brunei Darussalam. This unique scholarship will offer selected applicants the opportunity to pursue their academic and research goals and network extensively with international researchers. Scholarships are offered for graduate Master’s degree programmes and graduate research at Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
The Universiti Brunei Darussalam is guided by its four core values; people, expertise, relevance and leadership. These values are used as yardsticks in the development and running of eight academic faculties, eight research institutes and two support centers ranging from Islamic Studies, Business, Arts, Science, Health Sciences, Asian Studies, Policy Studies, Education, Biodiversity and Integrated Technologies
The students selected will receive a comprehensive scholarship.
- Applicants will have their tuition fees waived, including registration and acceptance fees at Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
- Selected applicants will also receive subsistence allowance of BND 500.00 per month for a period of 3 years (36 months).
- You will also be housed in an on-campus accommodation for a period of 3 years (36 months)
- Applicants from outside Brunei Darussalam will receive a one round trip economy class air ticket to travel between their countries and Brunei Darussalam
- You will also receive a field research allowance worth BND 1000.00 for Arts and Humanities, and BND 2000.00 for Science candidates
To be eligible for the program, you must fulfill the following requirements
- The scholarship program is open to both Bruneian and non-Bruneian candidates
- You must have least a first class honours Bachelor degree with a distinction in Master degree or equivalent qualification.
- Students who posses a second class upper honours Bachelor degree and a Master degree with a good publication record may also apply for the scholarship
- Applicants must have a high quality and impactful research proposal if they are to be selected.
- You must meet the program criteria to pursue studies in the area of choice.
The application for the scholarship is made during the general application for admission process. You are therefore requested to choose the graduate programme of your choice and initiate your application. Applications for the January 2022 intake open June 1, 2021 and close July 14, 2021
- Review the application criteria set by the graduate school of your choice
- Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria for applying for the scholarship.
- Check if your course fits within degree program goals you have interested in.
- Start your application and upload the required supporting documents
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here