Deadline : February 1, 2023
Apply for the University College Maastricht (UCM) Global Studies Scholarship in Netherlands. University College Maastricht (UCM) is offering One (1) scholarship to a highly motivated Student who is enrolling in the Global Studies bachelor’s degree programme. The Global Studies study programme taught at UCM aims to train students to understand analyze and develop solutions to complex Global issues facing the world today.
Who can Apply? The scholarship will be offered to an admitted bachelors student with a proven record of excellent academic performance and personal development potential. Therefore, if you wish to be considered for the scholarship, you must first apply to the Global Studies Study programme and receive a conditional offer before submitting your application for the scholarship.
Maastricht University (UM) is one of the best universities in Europe and is known for its Problem-Based Learning system and international orientation. The university classes are composed of students from all over the world who have different backgrounds and perspectives. The UCM scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Bachelor’s programme, with a maximum of 36 months.
If selected for this program, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive coverage for living expenses worth € 11,400 per academic year paid directly to students by UCM
- Recipients will receive coverage for tuition fees worth € 13,900 per year, all arranged for and paid by UCM
- You will receive health & liability insurance coverage for your period of stay in Netherlands
- Coverage for Housing will be facilitated and arranged for and paid by UCM
- Your Visa application costs of up to € 207 will be arranged for and paid by UCM
Make sure you fulfill the following application criteria before you apply for the program
- Scholarship is targeting students who hold a nationality of a country in the Global South (Africa, Middle-East, Latin-America, Caribbean)
- You must be accepted or applying for admission (received a conditional offer) into the Global Studies Study programme at UCM for the September 2023 intake
- Eligible applicants must not be current students at UCM at the time of application
- You must be 35 year old or younger at the tome of application
- As English is the language of instruction in this study programme, it is essential that your English language skills are good enough for you to undertake intensive and challenging academic courses that are taught and examined in English.
- The scholarship recipient must agree to become an active global Studies and UCM ambassador during and after their studies.
You are advised to follow the following procedure in order to apply for the scholarship. Please follow the steps below to complete your application for admission and application for the scholarship
- You must submit you application for admission for the Global Studies programme at UCM via online application platform Studielink.
- Complete the Global Studies Scholarship application form and upload the following documents.
- Your most recent curriculum Vitae
- A letter of motivation
- Your proof of excellent academic performance
- An Official documentation of financial situation, such as recent (parental) tax return and/or a copy of last pay check(s)
- Submit a reference letter
To apply, Click here