Deadline : July 1, 2022
Apply for the University of Adelaide Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarship. The University of Adelaide is offering several Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships. These scholarships are dedicated to outstanding international graduates from any country. Applicants must be applying to study for a Masters or Doctorate degree by research at the University of Adelaide.
The AGRTPS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTPS are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance. Several AGRTPS are available each year and the scholarship round is highly competitive. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
About the University: Founded 143 years ago, the University of Adelaide setup, to prepare, for South Australia, young leaders shaped by education rather than birth or wealth in a settlement free of old world social and religious inequalities. At Adelaide, cutting-edge innovation takes place amidst a rich history of excellence spanning more than 140 years. University of Adelaide is among the world’s top 1% of universities.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- You will receive a fee offset scholarship covering the full cost of tuition fees for a higher degree by research of the University of Adelaide
- Funding is offered for the entire duration of the academic program that is, 2 Years for Research Master and 4 years for Doctor of Philosophy.
- You will also receive an annual living allowance worth AUD 28,854. The stipend is offered for the entire duration of your studies.
- The programme will also offer selected scholars financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy.
- You will also benefit form a relocation allowance and receive coverage for publication expense
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Successful recipients are required to apply and enroll in their academic program of study at The University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ to retain their scholarship.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application.
- Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- Successful recipients must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered. It is not possible to defer the award.
- Students who have been considered in two scholarship rounds within an 18 month period cannot be considered in any future scholarship round at the University of Adelaide.
Along side the online application, you will have to also submit the following required documents:
- Research Supervisor: make contact with an academic staff member and have an informal agreement from that person to supervise you if successful.
- Publications: Include evidence that you have published; you may include up to five of your publications with your application.
- Academic Transcripts: You must provide certified copies of all university level academic transcripts, translated into English.
- Academic Referees: Complete Section A of two copies of the Academic Referee’s Confidential Report forms and forward them to two appropriate referees of your choice. Academic Referee reports must be returned to [email protected] by 1 July 2022.
- Curriculum Vitae: An updated CV outlining your work experience, all research experience, and a full list of cited publications should be included with your application.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here