Deadline : November 1, 2021
Apply for the University of Antwerp ITP Scholarship in Epidemiology, Biostatistics & Qualitative Research Methods (EBQ). VLIR-UOS aims to provide 11 scholarships for participants from the global South. This course, hosted at the university of Antwerp in Belgium is an intensive six-week training on the basic principles and methods of epidemiology. The course takes an in-depth study of medical statistics with appropriate statistical methods is integrated in the main epidemiological content.
As part of the course, basic principles of qualitative methods will be explained, and introductory lectures will be given on systematic reviews, health economics, and cost-effectiveness.
During the course each participant will have the opportunity to work with their own data set under the guidance of experienced tutors. Each participant receives the Clinical Epidemiology handbook by Grobbee and Hoes, as well as other necessary didactic materials.
Below are the topics and practical sessions that will be covered as part of the EBQ training at Universiteit Antwerpen:
- Quantitative study design
- Methods of data analysis/biostatistics
- Qualitative study design
- Systematic reviews and Meta-analysis
- Introduction to the use of statistical packages (R)
- Research Project (R & Nvivo)
If you are awarded one of the 11 VLIR-UOS scholarships are available, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive a full Course fee waiver
- The programme will provide you with an Air ticket for travel from your home country
- You will receive full Health insurance for the entire duration of the programme
- Costs related Visa applications will be covered
- You will receive accommodation for the entire duration of the programme
- Participants will also receive a daily subsistence allowance to cover their living costs
To Apply, you must meet the following conditions
- Researchers/PhD students from different disciplines and faculties are accepted.
- VLIR-UOS supports the programme with 11 scholarships for participants from the global South (List of eligible countries here).
- You must posses a Master’s degree at the time of application
- Candidates must have Knowledge of Basic Essential Medical Statistics.
- You must demonstrate a Good command of English equivalent to an upper intermediate level.
- Applicants must also demonstrate Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- You must not have submitted any other VLIR-UOS-scholarship application in 2020 and must not be a previous VLIR-UOS-scholarship recipient
- Candidates must posses relevant professional experience and a support letter confirming (re)integration in a professional context
Applications for the course and scholarship are submitted through the programme application tool Mobility Online. You must complete the 4 steps of the application process to ensure successful submission of your application
Step 1: Collect and verify all the required support documents as detailed below
- You will need a recent CV of maximum 2 pages
- Request for a support letter from your academic/ professional supervisor stating the relevance of the EBQ course for the applicant and the institute and confirming that you will return to your current position at the end of the course.
- Submit a proof of English proficiency in form of a TOEFL or IELTS certificate or proof from your educational institute of a university level degree taught in English.
- Download and fill the declaration form which can be found on the programme application page
- Include a copy of your passport
- Submit a recent passport picture
Step 2: After confirming that you have all the required documents, you must now fill out the first page of the application form. After successfully submitting you details, you will receive an e-mail to register in Mobility Online
Step 3: You must now register yourself in Mobility Online. Guidelines for registration will be sent to your via mail upon completion of step 2.
Step 4: You must make sure to complete all necessary steps in Mobility Online before the deadline of November 1, 2021.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here