Deadline : March 1, 2020 .
Apply for the Mind Scholarships programme 2020 at the University of Antwerp in Belgium. The call for the next round of applications (academic year 2020-2021) has now been launched. It is estimated that 30 international students can benefit from the Master Mind Scholarships 2020-2021.
The Flemish Ministry of Education awards scholarships to outstanding students for Master programmes in Flanders and Brussels. The programme aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as a top study destination.
You can apply for a Master Mind scholarship to study for one of the following Master programmes:
- Applied Economic Sciences: Business Economics
- Applied Economic Sciences: Economic Policy
- Biology: Biodiversity, Conservation and Restoration
- Biology: Global Change Biology
- Biomedical Sciences: Infectious and Tropical Diseases | Research
- Biomedical Sciences: Neurosciences | Research
- Computer Science: Computernetworks and Distributed Systems
- Computer Science: Data Science
- Computer Science: Software Engineering
- Laws (LL.M)
- Linguistics and Literature: English
- Political Science
- Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy: Internal Conditions
- Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy: Neurological Conditions
- The incoming student is awarded a maximum scholarship of €8000 per academic year according to the modalities mentioned in the appendix Payment of the scholarship.
- The applicant needs to pay a reduced tuition fee to the University of Antwerp. The rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is €111.9. This rate may increase slightly from year to year. In case of two-year master programme (120 ECTS), the exact applicable rate for 2021-2022 will be communicated to the Master Mind beneficiaries before the 1st September 2021.
- There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2) and USA (5). These countries are priority countries for the Flemish government. If these numbers of scholarships are not taken up, they will be awarded according to the ranking of the candidates as decided by the Flemish Selection committee.
The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at the University of Antwerp.
The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. This means:
- The student has a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0. You can find the GPA calculator here.
- The student has a good knowledge of the English language, proven by one of the following situations:
- an overall band score of minimum 7.0 on the IELTS test;
- a minimum total score of 94 on a TOEFL test;
- a C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference;
- a similar result in another official language test;
- or an exemption provided by the Master programme Selection Committee.
- The student has to be accepted by the University of Antwerp to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the university’s final decision is taken after awarding the scholarship to the student.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
To apply for the Master Mind scholarship, students need to complete the following steps:
- Complete your application and upload all documents for the relevant Master programme at the University of Antwerp.
- During your application indicate that you would also like to apply for the Master Mind Scholarship.
- In your motivation text, clearly specify why you are applying for the Master Mind scholarship and why you should be selected. Please address every selection criterium. In addition, specify your GPA score. Applications without a motivation text will not be considered.
- Additionally, the University of Antwerp will consider the following aspects when evaluating candidates:
- Academic performance
- Attitude and maturity
- Relevant work experience