Deadline : January 15, 2020
The Stipendium Hungaricum program is a governmental scholarship program that aims to offer scholarships and study opportunities to the citizens of certain countries.
The countries included in the program need to have a valid bilateral educational cooperation plan signed by the Hungarian Ministry of Human Resources and the relevant ministry of the specific country responsible for education.
The scholarships are valid for studies in Hungarian state universities or state colleges in scientific fields determined in the bilateral educational cooperation plans. Programs include full BA/BSc, MA/MSc and PhD studies in Hungarian state accredited higher education institutions.
The scholarships are awarded by the Hungarian Minister responsible for education based on the nomination of the Tempus Public Foundation. The pre-selection of the candidates is carried out by the Ministry of Education of the given country or by the scholarship board appointed by that ministry.
Each and every candidate need to take an entrance exam in order to be eligible for the scholarship program. The universities are responsible for informing the candidates about the entrance exam criteria.
The selection procedure ends with the list of successful applicants being forwarded to the Sending Partner by the Tempus Public Foundation. Applicants are informed about their results by the ministry of education of the country of the applicant, or by the national scholarship office/agency.
The applicant who is awarded the scholarship receives the following allowances:
- the applicant's tuition fee is fully covered during the entire period of the program he/she is participating in
- the applicant receives a monthly scholarship for the complete calendar year which is financed by the host institution. As per the current rules the sum of the scholarship is 43,700 HUF/month in case of full-time graduate programs, BA/BSc and MA/MSc programs.
The monthly amount of scholarship is 140,000 HUF for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 for the second phase (4 semesters) in case of PhD programs.
- every participant of the scholarship program is guaranteed a place in a dormitory or, in case of lack of capacity, a sum of HUF 40,000/month covering the costs of accommodation for the whole calendar year
- participants are provided with a health insurance
- The sender countries participating in the program are listed here.
- The recently arrived students are hosted by the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences and Environmental Management, Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Science and Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Economics, Faculty of Informatics, Faculty of Health.