Deadline : October 30, 2020
Applications are now open for the University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation On-Campus Scholarships. This Scholarship Program is hosted at the University of Edinburgh and aims to provide students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities postgraduate scholarships to help then reach their potential and realize their dreams.
This year, the program has made available up to 21 on-campus scholarships to qualified students, These scholarships will costs involved in studying a master’s degree at the University of Edinburgh which include coverage for the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance. Courses sponsored by this scholarship are listed below
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MSc Finance, Technology and Policy
- MSc Food Security
- MSc Design Informatics
Below are the scholarship benefits
- You will receive coverage for full tuition fees for the program of your choice at the University of Edinburgh
- Successful applicants will also have their expenses for accommodation and maintenance covered.
- On top of financial support, you will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including work-based placements, mentorship, and other activities during the academic year
- You must have attained your undergraduate degree before September 2020
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. In case you are residing outside of this region, it must be only for education reasons.
- You are required to demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community and society
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
- You must be interested in one of the eligible degree programmes that this program covers at the University of Edinburgh
- Applicants must fulfil the conditions for admission to the degree programme of their choice set by the university
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship
Applicants are advised to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program scholarship first. Up on reciepient of approval for the scholarship, the program administration will support them to apply for admission to their degree programme of choice at the Uniersity of Edinburgh
- You will need your university degree certificate and final official transcript for consideration for the scholarship
- English Language: All applicants who receive an offer will be tested by the University’s English Language Education (ELE) centre at no cost unless they already have a valid English language test. The ELE English test assesses applicants on reading, writing, speaking and listening.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here