Deadline : November 29, 2019
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate online scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
10 scholarships are available for the 2020/2021 academic year, which will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including work-based placements, mentorship, and other activities during the academic year.
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- LLM Human Rights
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Carbon Finance
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
The scholarship will provide full scholarships, including accommodation costs, living costs, travel and tuition fees to students taking courses on campus at Edinburgh. 60 Scholars from other MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program institutions will also benefit from participating in a number of online distance learning Masters programmes offered by the University of Edinburgh.
Postgraduate masters Scholars will:
- Complete six courses followed by the production of a dissertation;
- Participate in a retreat designed to nurture leadership skills;
- Attend a short Summer School; and
- Undertake an internship which will include reflective learning.
- Applicants must want to apply for one of our eligible courses listed above
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community, and;
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
- The scholarships are competitive and awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Applicants financial, personal, and family circumstances will also be taken into account.
- Applicants must also be committed to returning to Africa following their graduation to give back to their home community and country.
To Apply, Click Here