Deadline : March 15, 2020 .
Apply for the University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships 2020. The Faculty of Science, with the support of external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship program open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty.
The Faculty of Science of the University of Genenva aims at stimulating academic excellence by providing financial support to top students from all over the world, who are interested in following a Master Course. The Faculty of Science offers Master programs in mathematics, computer sciences, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical biology, biology, prehistoric archaeology, geology, environmental sciences, pharmacy, and neurosciences.
The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10'000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties); it is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master's program (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
- Applications are open to highly motivated students that have successfully completed their Bachelor (or that expect to complete it within 6 months), ranking among the top 10% of their institution, and that intend to follow a Master program at the University of Geneva.
- This cutting-edge research covers a broad range of scientific disciplines: astronomy, biology, chemistry and biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, earth sciences and the environment.
- Regardless of your home university, whether you have passed or are doing a brilliant bachelor degree, and that you are one of the best in your year, this program is for you! You must meet the admission criteria of the Master of your choice and be selected on the basis of the application file for an Excellence Fellowship.
To apply for the scholarship, students need the following documents:
- A scan of your UNIGE card or if you are not yet a UNIGE student, the mail of the central administration named "Votre candidature à l’UNIGE" (proof you have started the matriculation process) is requested.
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to ) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.