Deadline : March 15, 2022
Apply for the University of Geneva Excellence Fellowship program for international students to study in Switzerland. Each year, the University of Geneva offers several scholarships to motivated international students who wish to undertake a Master Degree Fellowships at the University. The Faculty of Science, with the support of external partners are the main sponsors of this program. This Excellence Fellowship program open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty
The selection for all Candidate for this programme are solely based on merit. Selected applicants are usually awarded the scholarship for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program provided subject to academic performance. The Faculty of Science offers several English and French Master programs in these fields. Mathematics, computer sciences, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical biology, biology, prehistoric archaeology, geology, environmental sciences, pharmacy, and neurosciences.
The Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva is an internationally recognized and a leading research institution that boost about its cutting-edge research in a broad range of scientific disciplines. This faculty constitute an ideal training base for an academic combined with professional development. Master’s degrees programmes are either entirely in English, or in English and French.
- If selected for the Excellence Fellowship, you will receive a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year.
- The grant will be used to cater for your stay in Switzerland for the whole duration of the programme
- This scholarship will be awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program. This on condition that you are academically successful at the end of your first semester of studies.
- Applicants are highly motivated students that have successfully completed their Bachelor degree programmme
- Candidates who are expected to complete their Bachelor’s degree within 6 months are also welcome to apply,
- You must demonstrate excellent performance, usually ranking among the top 10% of your class.
- Applicants must meet the admission conditions for their selected Master program at the University of Geneva.
- Eligible degree programs are those in the fields of astronomy, biology, chemistry and biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, earth sciences and the environment.
Applicants must submit their applications using the online application platform. Please remember that to be considered for the scholarship, you must fulfill the enrollment procedure laid out on the Admissions office website. Your application will require the following documents as a SINGLE pdf file
- You will need a scan of your national identity card or passport.
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae of 2 pages maximum.
- Applicants must submit transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades and ranks.
- You will be required to write a motivation letter describing your specific scientific interests as well as your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible, Letters of references from two professors which should be sent by them directly to [email protected] supporting your application.
- Supplementary information such as English proficiency certificates (TOEFL, IELTS) GRE or other language test.
You must also include a scan of your UNIGE card or if you are not yet a UNIGE student, an mail of the central administration named “Votre candidature à l’UNIGE” as proof that you have started the matriculation process.
To apply, Click here
For more scholarships to Study in Switzerland , visit the link here