Deadline : January 4, 2022
Apply for the University of Helsinki Scholarships for International Students to study in Finland. Each year, the University of Helsinki offers several scholarships to international applicants who wish to study for a Master’s degree programme at the the University campus in Helsinki Finland. Scholarships are intended for excellent International students from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland who wish to complete and qualify for admission for a Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki
Scholarships are offered for a duration of two years covering the full duration of your selected Master’s degree programme. You are therefore required to study full time and earn at least 55 ECTS per year fulfilling the requirements of the scholarship. At the end of your first study year, you will be subject to review and the progress of your studies will be checked and, depending on your progress, the scholarship will be continued for the second academic year.
These scholarships are competitive and are dedicated to excelling students. Scholarships are offered for any Master’s degree programme offered at the University of Helsinki in Finland. Selected Applicants may be awarded a Full Tuition fee Grant plus a stipend or a full fee grant covering the tuition fees for their selected Master’s degree programme
The university offers 2 types of scholarships to qualifying international students
- Fully Funded Grant covering Tuition fee and annual stipend worth 10,000 EUR (Tuition fees range from 13 000 to 18 000 euros)
- A Full Tuition fee Grant covering your tuition fees
- You will also receive coverage for a Student Union (HYY) membership fee which covers the following
- You will be eligible for free or highly affordable health care services by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS)
- Recipients will receive student meal discounts in Unicafe restaurants
- You will enjoy reductions in public transport to travel around Helsinki
- Recipients will have access to Unisport services at low prices.
In addition, the University of Helsinki offers all scholarship winners the option to take part in the University of Helsinki Student Ambassador Programme.
All interested candidates must meet the following requirements if they wish to be considered for the scholarship.
- You must be eligible for admission for one of the Master’s programme offered at the University of Helsinki.
- You must demonstrate excellent performance in your previous studies and can prove this in your application.
- Applicants must be international students liable to pay tuition fees in Finland
- You must be a national of non-EU/EEA countries and must not have permanent residence status in the EU/EEA area.
- Eligible applicants must meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland.
- You are required to have sufficient English Language proficiency demonstrated with an English language test
- To be considered, you must complete and submit your application for admission by the deadline of January 4, 2023.
Interested applicants will have the opportunity to indicate if they wish to be considered for the scholarship during the application for admission. Therefore you will not need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
Applications for admission and therefore for the scholarships opens on December 1, 2022. You are therefore advised to collect all the required documents and get ready to apply when the application portal opens
You are advised to follow the following steps
- You must find and choose the Master’s programme you want to apply to through the University Degree Finder webpage.
- Applicants are advised to carefully read the instructions on how to apply to the Master’s programme and make sure they have all the required attachments.
- You must then apply for a scholarship with the same application form used to apply to the Master’s programme.
- After submitting your application, you will be required to submit all the required attachments.
- Your attachments will include the following documents
- Degrees, diplomas and transcripts of records from your undergraduate studies.
- English language proficiency test results as proof of English language skills.
- Passport and/ or National ID as proof of your nationality.
- Partial grade results in case you wish to apply but have not yet completed your undergraduate degree.
For other scholarships in Finland, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here