Deadline : August 31, 2023
Apply for the University of Manchester Masters Scholarships for Rwandan Students. These master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds who wish to undertake their studies at University of Manchester but are limited by financial constraints. Scholarships are available for specific courses in engineering, environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles and law.
The University of Manchester Equity and Merit Scholarships are destined for academically excellent students from eligible countries including Rwanda. You are an eligible applicants if you have the potential to make a significant contribution to sustainable development in your home community as well as country at large. The awards are intended for those who couldn’t afford to study in Manchester without a scholarship and particularly encourage women to apply.
The university of Manchester offers 2 types of scholarships under this category:
- A Full-time one year, on-campus master’s degree scholarship
- Part-time three to five years distance learning master’s scholarship
If you are selected for this scholarship program, you will benefit from offers
- The University is offering 40 scholarships for the 2024/25 academic year with 30 for full-time study and 10 for online study.
- This scholarship are valid for selected courses available to students from Rwanda. The 40 scholarships will be shared among Rwandan Applicants as well as applicants from 3 other countries (Ethiopia, Uganda, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zimbabwe and Tanzania).
- These scholarships cover full tuition fees for the entire duration of your degree programme
- For Students who will be studying in Manchester (For the in-campus scholarship), the award includes return international air fares, living expenses and visas.
In order to apply for the scholarship program, you must fulfill the following requirements
- Applicants must be citizens and residents of Rwanda applying for Postgraduate Study in the UK
- You must have accumulated at least two years’ of post-graduation professional experience related to your chosen field of study
- Candidates must posses a bachelor’s degree with an overall excellent grade
- The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class.
- You must not have previously studied outside Africa exceptions being training of six months or less
- All applicants must commit to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Rwanda
You must prove your English proficiency by providing one of the following certificates
- IELTS Academic with a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5)
- Internet-based TOEFL with a 90 grade
- Please remember that master’s programme on the scholarship list has its own requirements in terms of English test scores.
You are advised to follow the following application procedure in order to complete your application
- Complete and duly fill the online application provided
- Attach, along with the application, the following required documents
- Your academic Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved.
- The IELTS or TOFEL test result in case you already have it
- Attach 2 up-to-date signed references.
- Applications sent via email are deemed invalid and will not be accepted. Applications for the scholarship can only be completed online
- It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission in order to apply for the scholarship, there fore, do not apply separately for academic admission.
- References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to ‘Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester’. They don’t need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here