Deadline : August 31, 2022
Are you a passionate undergraduate with potential to make a significant contribution to sustainable development in your home community and country? Are you a citizen of Tanzania, Malawi, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia or Zimbabwe who has never studied out of Africa? Then you are eligible to apply for the University of Manchester Equity and Merit Masters Scholarships. These master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds who wish to undertake their studies at University of Manchester but are limited by financial constraints.
Scholarships under this scheme are offered for specific courses in engineering, environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles and law. You may apply for any eligible field of study of your choice. Once selected you must be ready to start your degree course studies in September 2023.
The University of Manchester Equity and Merit Scholarships are dedicated to academically excellent students who have successfully completed their Bachelor’s degree studies. The awards are intended for those who couldn’t afford to study in Manchester without a scholarship and particularly encourage women to apply.
For this study programme, applicants may apply for one of the following two options:
- Full-time, on-campus master’s (one year duration)
- Part-time distance learning master’s (three to five years’ duration)
Applicants who are successfully selected for this programme will receive the following benefits
- The University is offering 30 scholarships for the 2023/24 academic year with 29 for full-time study and 10 for online study.
- These 39 scholarships will be shared among 6 countries, that is, Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Malawi and Zimbabwe.
- For the entire duration of the programme, the scholarship will cover full tuition fees, return international air fares, living expenses and visas.
If you wish to be considered for the scholarship, you must fulfill the following conditions
- Applicants must be nationals and residents of Tanzania, Malawi or Zimbabwe, Uganda, Rwanda or Ethiopia
- You must have at least two years’ of post-graduation professional experience related to your chosen field of study
- At the time of application, you must have completed a bachelor’s degree with excellent grades
- Excellent Academic performance sully refers to being in the 10% of your class.
- Eligible applicants must not have not previously studied outside Africa, with exceptions of training of six months or less
- You must be willing to return to your home country and put to work the skill skills you will have developed.
- Applicants must have proof of English proficiency. This may not be needed at the time of application but would be required to if you make it through the initial selection. Accepted certificates include:
- IELTS Academic with a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5)
- Internet-based TOEFL with a 90 grade
- English grade of C in CSE (Certificate of Secondary Education)
- Please remember that master’s programme on the scholarship list has its own requirements in terms of English test scores.
You are advised to follow the following application procedure in order to complete your application
- Complete and duly fill the online application provided
- Attach, along with the application, the following required documents
- Your academic Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved.
- The IELTS or TOFEL test result in case you already have it
- Attach 2 up-to-date signed references.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here