Deadline : August 31, 2020 .
Are you a passionate undergraduate with potential to make a significant contribution to sustainable development in your home community and country? Are you a citizen of Tanzania ho has never studied out of Africa? Apply for the University of Manchester Masters Scholarships for Tanzanian Students. These master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds who wish to undertake their studies at University of Manchester but are limited by financial constraints. Scholarships are available for specific courses in engineering, environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles and law.
The University of Manchester Equity and Merit Scholarships are destined for academically excellent students from eligible countries including Tanzania. The awards are intended for those who couldn't afford to study in Manchester without a scholarship and particularly encourage women to apply.
As an eligible applicant, the university of Manchester offers you 2 types of scholarships under this category:
- Full-time, on-campus master’s (one year duration)
- Part-time distance learning master’s (three to five years' duration)
You will be able to attend courses in one of the following fields of study
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Materials and Textiles
If you are selected for this scholarship program, you will benefit from offers
- The University is offering 30 scholarships for the 2021/22 academic year with 20 for full-time study and 10 for online study.
- The scholarship are valid for selected courses available to students from Tanzania. The 30 scholarships will be shared among Tanzanian Applicants as well as applicants from 3 other countries (Ethiopia, Uganda and Rwanda).
- The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the award includes return international air fares, living expenses and visas.
Applicants mus fulfill the following criteria in order to apply for the scholarship
- You must be a citizen and resident of Tanzania
- You need to have a clear idea how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
- Applicants must have at least two years' of post-graduation professional experience related to your chosen field of study
- Please note that unpaid internships or voluntary work may not be included when calculating your work experience
- You must posses a bachelor’s degree with an overall excellent grade and must have graduated before September 2019
- The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class.
- be a resident citizen of Tanzania and have not previously studied outside Africa exceptions being training of six months or less
- All applicants must commit to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Tanzania
You must prove your English proficiency by providing one of the following certificates
- IELTS Academic with a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5)
- Internet-based TOEFL with a 90 grade
- English grade of C in CSE (Certificate of Secondary Education)
- Please remember that master’s programme on the scholarship list has its own requirements in terms of English test scores.
You are advised to follow the following application procedure in order to complete your application
- Complete and duly fill the online application provided
- Attach, along with the application, the following required documents
- Your academic Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved.
- The IELTS or TOFEL test result in case you already have it
- Attach 2 up-to-date signed references.
- Applications sent via email are deemed invalid and will not be accepted. Applications for the scholarship can only be completed online
- It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission in order to apply for the scholarship, there fore, do not apply separately for academic admission.
- References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to 'Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester'. They don't need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.